Starting waterfall build - going about it the right way ?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you have it on the liner, then even if it leaked a little it would not be an issue. I like your step up thought.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We recently ordered several of these. They work great! A little hard to find in the states, but you might have better luck where you are, MrK. Sorry, the picture didn't "paste" via the iPad, but GOOGLE "OASE Y-DISTRIBUTOR."

"OASE Y-Distributor features one inlet and two outlets. The 1½" inlet has hose connections from ¾" to 2". The two 1½" outlets have hose connections from 1" to 2". Both outlets are individually adjustable. Use with Spiral tubing."

Reaction score
Ok my head is wrecked - i cant seem to come up with a design for the top part of the waterfall ....nothing just seems to fit ....

im thinking this kinda concept and hide the weir under a flagstone / rock but its just doesnt seem to be coming together !

garden-pond-waterfall-500x375.jpg
pond2.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You will think about it suddenly and then you will say hey thats it :razz:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
take you box, set it in place, start playing with rocks, walk away and take a look until you see the look you want.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
even better take a pic and look closely at it .Get every angle ,but remember you may be happy at first but change your ind later .I don't know how many times I have moved rocks in my waterfall .Never ending just never ending .

Reaction score
take you box, set it in place, start playing with rocks, walk away and take a look until you see the look you want.

That's exactly what I did , and starting playing around .
fall3.jpg
fall4.jpg

I wonder, to slow down the flow coming out of my weir box and instead of using a Y-splitter , if I put a cover over the inlet so it wouldnt get blocked and filled the rest of the box with pebbles ( around 1/2" sandstone round pebbles ) would it a) slow down flow and b ) could it damage the pump ?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like the flow! but it is fast. You could block the inlet, but I always do my best to give the pumps un-obstructed flow.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What if you stack some more rocks around the side of it then get one larger rock to sit just above the weir, this would hide the your weir. I did this with one of mine, it just looked like it was coming out of a cave. I would have to see if I have a pic of it.

Reaction score
I am thinking what if I drill another 2" hole in the weir tank , and let some of the water flow back down my liner to the pond ( under the cascade) this might reduce the flow speeds..

Reaction score
I am thinking what if I drill another 2" hole in the weir tank , and let some of the water flow back down my liner to the pond ( under the cascade) this might reduce the flow speeds..

Not sure I can get a 2" Y splitter , been looking online and spoke to local stockists and they don't do them .. Can make something up possibly but otherwise I may have to attempt my plan aboive or use more rocks to slow down that water flow .......

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Do you have a video clip on-line of your waterfall ?

here you go made a short one of the deck water fall, it is around 5.5 feet high or so.

You could just make a splitter better control of the water flowing, check irrigation stores, they have lots of neat stuff you can use for a pond.

Reaction score
that looks nice addy , thanks for sharing . Yeah I might have to have a look about and see what I can get to split the water out ..

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is from a pump that pushes around 650 gph, but the pump handles our head pressure nicely.

We still need to finish the deck, have loose boards, unfinished edge, no railing I am careful not to take a header when out there lol.

Ask a Question