sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put some lava rock in my water fall pond and this spring I saw a big difference in water clarity .You can also buy big chunks of lava rock here at the rock yard and it comes in black also .I think it adds a little texture to the pond .I did not know they had lava rock and the rock yard until 3 days ago when my sister told me about it .They went there to get lava rock for around the foundation of there house .She had pics of them on her cell phone .May try to take time out to go next week .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I wonder something about streams ,would some lava rock mixed in a stream help build up the good bacteria build up .Also I know to keep my bird bath clean I add a small piece of copper plumbing fitting to keep water clean and yet they say copper is bad for fish is this true .Never tried it in my pond .My water lines in my house are not copper either .
Copper is extremely toxic to fish and all other aquatic organisms.
See-http://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/are-pond-ionizers-safe-you-be-the-judge.16720/

Ask a Question