morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
For pump-outs, I've been using a PondMaster Pro-Line 6000 for years and years. It's been through hell and back and so far, so good. I don't know how others feel about it.

In my own pond, I've been using AquaScape AquaSurge pumps ( 2 x 3200gph), mainly due to the pricing I receive.

With any submersible pump, the key is keeping the intake free of debris to maximize the efficiency and choosing the appropriate diameter for the tubing. Pumps in skimmer boxes are less prone to debris. If you're going without a skimmer, elevate your pump off the pond bottom. I don't like pump pre-filters, they're a pain to clean. You're better off with a pump that's labelled "debris handling". Don't, I repeat, don't......buy a cheap submersible sump-pump. They're not designed to run 24/7. They're cheap, sure, but you'll burn those suckers out in no time.

Don't cheap out on the liner, 45mil Firestone EPDM liner is the only liner you should consider.

In my opinion, although it's not as easy to handle, I prefer the smooth bore tubing rather than kink-free. It's tougher and lasts longer. Smooth tubing can be made "flexible" by adding needed elbows, if required. Always incorporate "quick dis-connects", as they make life easier.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For pump-outs, I've been using a PondMaster Pro-Line 6000 for years and years. It's been through hell and back and so far, so good. I don't know how others feel about it.

In my own pond, I've been using AquaScape AquaSurge pumps ( 2 x 3200gph), mainly due to the pricing I receive.

With any submersible pump, the key is keeping the intake free of debris to maximize the efficiency and choosing the appropriate diameter for the tubing. Pumps in skimmer boxes are less prone to debris. If you're going without a skimmer, elevate your pump off the pond bottom. I don't like pump pre-filters, they're a pain to clean. You're better off with a pump that's labelled "debris handling". Don't, I repeat, don't......buy a cheap submersible sump-pump. They're not designed to run 24/7. They're cheap, sure, but you'll burn those suckers out in no time.

Don't cheap out on the liner, 45mil Firestone EPDM liner is the only liner you should consider.

In my opinion, although it's not as easy to handle, I prefer the smooth bore tubing rather than kink-free. It's tougher and lasts longer. Smooth tubing can be made "flexible" by adding needed elbows, if required. Always incorporate "quick dis-connects", as they make life easier.
thank you very much for your information.steve

Ask a Question