suggestions welcome

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
addy I'd also take the time to write out a list of things to watch for with the housesitter pond wise and that if they have any problems to either contact you here on the forum or to contact you in Arizona for any questions they need answering .

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have a long list.... Been our sitters any time we leave for a length of time

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
addy; I had a thought re the selling; around here (Mi), it certainly has been the case that most sales are done in the summer months PRIOR to the new school season. So, if that's anywhere near the case in AZ, I can't think you'd lose much interest in those first two months as imo, most of the interest has already bought their new house for the year. It would seem you don't have to rush to AZ then (unless I'm missing something re a flush of new peeps on the market as of September/October) and can take the winter to ready the house for Spring 2016.

Re the plan; seems like it would be fine; you're not an over feeder, the plants do much of the work (including feeding the fish), the breathers are there when everything is ready and if you have the submersible, the pond sitters can unplug whenever you tell them. Not a lot different than I do it. And I would leave aeration as I don't see that as anything but a benefit; the pond sitters can unplug that too, if/when you decide.

Whatever you do, try and relax and not over-stress as life is too short for that...

Michael

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wish you luck and a fast sale and quick closing :)Also make sure that snowbirds can see the house online through something like zillow

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Brokensword in the Phoenix area selling season is the winter. It dies in the summer, too hot. School season seems to have no affect .

Sissy we have it on zillow and Craig's list. Saying it will be available in October/November.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh all those snowbirds who don't want to live in Florida are headed that way and more and more people are going to the puter to house hunt these days .Easier and faster and your pics should really draw them in .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Snowbirds, are you talking about Canadians?
The Canadian dollar is at an 11 year low. I wouldn't count on us Canucks for a sale.:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope snow birds are all the ones living in the north .I know several people from The Edison ford assembly plant that moved to Arizona when the plant closed and they retired .Friends that lived in Boston moved there and so did my Aunt and her daughter and granddaughters all moved there from Union NJ .My Auntie just passed away recently .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Brokensword in the Phoenix area selling season is the winter. It dies in the summer, too hot. School season seems to have no affect .

addy; your response was surprising to me, though I can understand the heat issue. But just to prove it to myself, I googled and the results might surprise even you. According to this site;

http://desertpremierrealty.com/2015/02/the-best-time-to-sell-a-house-in-phoenix/

the best time looks to be April and May then beginning to taper off from June. It actually looks like Oct/Nov is the lowest sales months. Just something to looksee, I'm thinking...

Michael

Ask a Question