sump pump

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
sump pumps arent meant for continuous running..but short intervals..just get a good submersable and youll be happy.

Reaction score
...but you don't have a good sump pump that makes a good pond pump?

Koiguy is on the money...sump pumps are typically not meant for long-term 24/7 continuous use. And if you see one that is, look carefully at the wattage because I would bet that sucker would eat a lot of wattage in comparison to a regular submersible pump.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
koikeepr said:
...but you don't have a good sump pump that makes a good pond pump?

Koiguy is on the money...sump pumps are typically not meant for long-term 24/7 continuous use. And if you see one that is, look carefully at the wattage because I would bet that sucker would eat a lot of wattage in comparison to a regular submersible pump.

No :yikesu:
But I got a old pond pump that started to leak oil so all i use it for is to pump non pond water
and it still works well after many sump pumps have failed

Reaction score
That's an important note too--always make sure to use pumps that do not have oil in them for ponds! Any spillage or leak can kill your fish!

Ask a Question