The basics and some of the common mistakes made building a garden and or koi pond

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Not only that @brokensword but we both spent some time coming up with help lists for pond building and @Jhn just walks in with a couple sentences and says it all the holly grail to ponding" Patience "
That is what I tell everyone to secretly cover up my true method, DNP (do nothing ponding) or LAP (lazy ass ponding)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That is what I tell everyone to secretly cover up my true method, DNP (do nothing ponding) or LAP (lazy ass ponding)
I vote addy puts in the latter on the acronym list! She might even want to take credit for inspiring you, jhn!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Been perfecting the LAP method since I started ponds, problem I run into using this method means not taking fish out as the population grows, cause well that is not LAP like to go chasing fish around with a net.( I would fish for them with a hook and line but the ones I want to get out are too small to bite on a hook.) So then I have to make the pond bigger, which sort of goes against the LAP method, but doesn’t go against my other mantra, running heavy equipment is fun. As you can see it is a conundrum.
I vote addy puts in the latter on the acronym list! She might even want to take credit for inspiring you, jhn!
If she doesn’t we can just will it into existence, and still give her credit for it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The hole acronym thing is more work then i care to jump on . But keep up the acronyms like LAP and you may just convert me yet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The one Construction technique that is not up to natural standards in my eyes are the shelves all too often they are the same with and height or depth . Here is a build i just found where they do it right in my eyes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Verify that the autofill is working before approving the project as complete. What seems like a big leak issue may just be an inoperative autofill device.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Concrete is great but it has to be done right . Rubber you can be far more creative

Reaction score
Country
United States
If planning to put plants on shelves in your pond, what depth should the shelves be? Pond Advisor gave this recommendation, but is it accurate in the U.S.? and more specifically in the mountain west?

Zone 1: Damp or wet soil
Zone 2: 10-15 cm (4-6 inches)
Zone 3: 30-40 cm (12-16 inches)

Ask a Question