The golden goose killed by the bakers

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ok. Ok.. enough bashing of Twinkies!!! They actually do have a shelf life. (25 days). They do go bad.

It's mostly old wives tales that these things are so man made with so many chemicals that they last forever.

This is the ingredigent list:

Enriched wheat flour, sugar, corn syrup, niacin, water, high fructose corn syrup, vegetable and/or animal shortening – containing one or more of partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed and canola oil, and beef fat, dextrose, whole eggs, modified corn starch, cellulose gum, whey, leavenings (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, monocalcium phosphate), salt, cornstarch, corn flour, corn syrup, solids, mono and diglycerides, soy lecithin, polysorbate 60, dextrin, calcium caseinate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, wheat gluten, calcium sulphate, natural and artificial flavors, caramel color, yellow No. 5, red #40.[sup][10][/sup]

While there are things on that list that I would prefer not to eat, all of the ingredients are common ingredients found in many, many food products. While some of the chemcial names turn folks off, the fact of the matter is, many of those are naturally occurring chemicals that are in many foods. You just aren't use to seeing the chemical names used.

So just BACCCCKKKKK OFF my twinkie and no one gets hurt....

Craig

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
As long as They can save Twinkies and ding dongs ,nothing else matters ,after all that is that the important part ; after moving those deer crossing signs !!! WHOA !! YIPPY !!! Let the party continue !!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
twinkie addiction and needs intervention craig58 .Well you know those deer are a real prob,em and some one needs to teach them to respect the cars and trucks more .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I really loved the chocolate cupcakes w/ the gooey white filling! Haven't had them in years tho. We used to buy them by the boxes at the Hostess thrift store for really cheap back in the 60's. For some reason we'd get sooooooooo hungry back then and they tasted sooooooooooo good :LOL:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hmmm... don't they say that if you remember the 60's you probably didn't really live them? :)

Just a tad before my time!

Craig

Reaction score
You guys are too funny... I stopped eating Twinkees (and Suzy Qs) years ago... mainly because I found my grandmother had a recipe that tasted just like their filling LOL. Now I just make my own cupcakes (yellow, chocolate, even pumpkin) and with a cheap pastry bag, pipe this filling into my own... so much better LOL. I can even SAY the big words of the basic ingredients... let's see, GRANULATED SUGAR, evaporated milk, and vanilla LOL.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm gonna try and make some frosting w/ fat free plain greek yogurt from Costco and sugar free chocolate instant pudding. I think if I drain the yogurt off w/ a lot of the whey then when I mix the pudding(just the dry mix right out of the box and no milk added) then it should be the right consistency of frosting and not so fattening. I'm on WeightWatchers so trying to be good. Can then put it on the W.W cupcakes I'm going to make using applesauce as one of the ingreds to replace some of the oil.
I've mixed the yogurt and pudding mix together w/o draining the whey off and it makes a yummy mousse consistency dessert and top it off w/ a scoop of canned whip cream sprayed on top and there ya go. Quick easy and not too fattening!

Reaction score
That sounds pretty good, but unfortunately, I wont try it... I have an issue with not taking in enough calories! I fight to keep weight. As I have gotten older, I just dont enjoy the junk foods like I did as a kid, so eat very very little of it. So if I am going for the yummies, I want the ones WITH calories LOL. The filling in those Twinkees and Suzie Qs were always my big weakness... and even making my grandmothers recipe to fill that void, I only make it a couple times a year, and that yearning is happy for awhile ... I am far from a health food junky, but eat a pretty healthy diet and just dont enjoy all the sweets I did as a kid... I couldnt imagine back then that I would be hooked on yogurt, fruits and cheese & crackers as my splurges LOL.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Not to worry stone soup won't be on their menu ! another 420 ,000 on unemployment just this week ,just wait till Jan ,when all the new health care kicks in ,down sizing ft-pt lay-offs to get under 50 employees ,to keep from chapter 11 ,I hope none of you are part of the sacrificial lambs to Obama Care .

Ask a Question