addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Most likely what happened will not happen again, but you never know.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My hubby thought his days were over today when driving home from the store. The power was out here when he left and while he was gone it came back on for a second and then blam out again. When he got home I told him about the power coming back on for a second. He said yep he had been driving up the hill to our house and noticed all the power company trucks here and there. Then he looked up and saw the biggest blast of flaming power burst w/ the loudest sound. He said he thought he was gonna die right there and then and meet his maker. He said he was really scared and said if I would have been there I would still be screaming. He said two big limbs fell on the power lines right above him and burst into flames. Said he had never witnessed anything like it before. It was like a giant exploding loud fireball blinding him. Glad I was not there and glad he did not get hurt!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
1546304_683581808361375_1745979182_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks, all. My pic is the sun dog that I got a pic of during that very cold morning. The sun itself was to the left of this pic. Very frosty kind of foggy morning, and true to form, the sun dogs were outstanding! I don't remember ever seeing one this beautiful before EVER! And, when I posted the pics on my FB page, no one in the area saw this one that morning either. I get told all the time I see things that others never would notice, which is probably true. Once you fall in love with your camera, your eye is constantly on the search for something neat and unusual to take a photo of. Also, people with families and children have much more important things to do than daydream and look for things to take a pic of. LOL

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Had quite a surprise while by the pond yesterday. There on side of the cypress trees was a rugged looking lizard about 10" long and 3" wide. Blended into the bark so we were luckily to have seen it on the sunny side of the tree. It was very shy and sonn ran higher up.. After a minute or two of research discovered it is a Texas Spiny Lizard. Here's info on our friend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_spiny_lizard

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We went for our morning walk and found a treasure.............. a GOPRO Hero2 HD, washed up in a water tight case. Last picture taken was 12/6/13 so it was floating for a month. No identifiers on any pictures to try and find the owners, elephants, Thailand type landscape.

64 gb profession sd card, 133x speed

So excited!

HD HERO2 Camera Features and Highlights

The new HD HERO 2 Camera is 2x more powerful in every way compared to the original HD HERO. Here are the highlights of the HD HERO2:

• Professional 11MP Sensor
  • 2x Faster Image Processor
  • 2X Sharper Glass Lens
  • Professional Low Light Performance
  • Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p
  • 120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
  • Full 170º and Medium 127º FOV Photos
  • 10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
  • 1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode
  • 3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
  • Simple Language-based User Interface
  • Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ Compatible (coming soon)
    Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras
  • Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback + Control via GoPro App
  • Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, now that's a find, Addy! My daughter got one for Christmas from her brother, or I think it's the same camera, or similar. Way to go, and enjoy your lucky find!!!
Lou, sounds like you should capture your spiny lizard and keep him as a pet! But, don't overfeed him. :blueflower:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Amazon has them around 300, the sd card around 150, the case around 30 and it works! powered up sd card readable, wonder where it came from. Beautiful scenery, waterfalls, elephants.

Ask a Question