The Good Banter Thread

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
Hey @mogsie all is well and nice to hear all is good w/you and yours. Neat you get to make your pond bigger. We will love watching you work! All I did was add a path around my pond for easier mowing. Not done w/it yet tho. Hubby needs to make me some wood chips from our tree branches that need trimming badly. Those Doug Fir trees are so big now and their arms are so heavy and droop to the ground almost! Having nice pleasant just right temps here now.

A

Advertising

Reaction score
hello sissy and hello jw, really good to see you are both still here. by other jobs i think you are referring to the summer house we were building in slovakia, well it is about 95% finished, just the shower room to do, this is it here in the photos, pleased you are having nice weather, the weather is very nice here but a bit too hot for me, but i have had some lovely evenings for wild camping on mountain summits, a hot climb up but worth it for the sunsets. i am planning on doubling the size of the pond jw, just for the benifit of my fish, thinking of a surface area of about 4 meters x 4 meters.

DSC_0342.JPG
DSC_0344.JPG

A

Advertising

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
I like metal roofs. My house in Arizona had a metal roof that looked like a shake roof. But it would never need to be replaced.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
WOW wish they had that here .Has it been around there for a long time .Wondering how it holds up to weather .Added that it has insulation is great .Gosh wish they sold it here

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
WOW wish they had that here .Has it been around there for a long time .Wondering how it holds up to weather .Added that it has insulation is great .Gosh wish they sold it here
I think it is sold across the country but not sure. If it can handle Arizona weather, i.e. non stop sun and miserable heat, it would survive here. Not insulated, but it had a air gap that helped with the heat. Advertised as being energy efficient. 50 year warranty.

We also had a metal roof on our house in Colorado.

Reaction score
I think it is sold across the country but not sure. If it can handle Arizona weather, i.e. non stop sun and miserable heat, it would survive here. Not insulated, but it had a air gap that helped with the heat. Advertised as being energy efficient. 50 year warranty. It has been around in easern

I think it is sold across the country but not sure. If it can handle Arizona weather, i.e. non stop sun and miserable heat, it would survive here. Not insulated, but it had a air gap that helped with the heat. Advertised as being energy efficient. 50 year warranty.

It has been around in eastern Europe for quite a few years i believe, and the summerhouse has now been up for about 3-4 years and it has coped with 95 f temps in summer to 5 f temps in winter with plemty of snow amnd it has not shown any problems. The steep pitch helps shed the snow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
Wow that is a great view of the countryside and that old chateau! Is that building still being used for something? I bet there are a lot of ghosts in that place,lol!

Reaction score
Wow that is a great view of the countryside and that old chateau! Is that building still being used for something? I bet there are a lot of ghosts in that place,lol!
Jw it is owned by a national trust type organisation and i believe it is open to the public on certain days of the year .i think the interior is still in original antique decor.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
I have had to rebuild my pond several times .I think I have stock in the liner companies by now .I wish I had gone pondless

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
Nope pondless .A water feature with out a pond .My neighbor put in one on a hill and it is so nice looking it makes me want to give up on the work on this pond .The water runs down to a retaining area with a buried vault with a pump in it with rocks ontop

A

Advertising

Ask a Question