The lazy ponder.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Basking in the last two years of perfect ponding I got lazy. Didn't think I needed my leaf cover, didn't really care that my pond was over populated. And then we had record rainfall this past season, I have a test kit but didn't use it. I could see the filter was strangling the pump but the weather was keeping me inside. Now, early in the season I've got late summer algae and it seems to be very healthy, surrounding the the pond quite effectively. My creeping jenny is smothered in it, tho I did a partial water change and cleaned the mechanical filtration two weeks ago, it continues to thrive. Now I'm that guy... Too much unwanted algae, if I could believe it wouldn't get worse than this I'd be fine but I've been ponding for 23 years now and this doesn't look goood.
Why didn't I just get the leaf cover out? Why not test the water that was changed several times over by rain and snow? Why didn't I give the guy that wanted more of my fish, more of my fish? Regardless, I think I'm up against a tough year.
039.jpg

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
I feel your pain brother
Although it has not happen yet I know it is coming last.year I fought it untill the middle of summer.
What a pain in the ?
This year the city made me remove 2 queen palms that gave a lot of shade so you know what that means.

With all the rain we had it is not going to be a good summer.

Ruben

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
As we get older we seem to not have enough time or energy for every thing we have to do .It happens to the best of us .We just need to bite the bullet and deal with it .If only I had the energy I had even 20 years ago .;)Sorry to here Peter and hope you can get it all back under control .I hope the best for you ruben .losing that shade can really be hard on a pond well established

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The lazy ponder has to wonder;
now where did all my time go?
Those times in the evening
that caught me believing
ignorance is the best solution
won't come back to haunt,
won't hint, wheeze or taunt
at everything I needed to do...
so...
let's have a tribute
a lazy ponder's proud mantle
to lay on Lisa's shoulders
a ponder to which
no one can hold up a candle.

And it's official––this thread is enshrined,
despite all the syllables
and the messing of rhyme!

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Hello
I feel your pain brother
Although it has not happen yet I know it is coming last.year I fought it untill the middle of summer.
What a pain in the ?
This year the city made me remove 2 queen palms that gave a lot of shade so you know what that means.

With all the rain we had it is not going to be a good summer.

Ruben
When I fist started all I heard was Shade, shade, shade! Really tough without it.

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
As we get older we seem to not have enough time or energy for every thing we have to do .It happens to the best of us .We just need to bite the bullet and deal with it .If only I had the energy I had even 20 years ago .;)Sorry to here Peter and hope you can get it all back under control .I hope the best for you ruben .losing that shade can really be hard on a pond well established
Honestly couldn't even imagine digging my pond now the way I did in '95. But I'll get it back, if the dang weather would just let me out for more than a minute!

Ask a Question