Three pool pumps not turning on?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a very large pool so I have two pumps, my son went out to turn them on and nothing would come on. I had a friend who is an electrician check them and he said there is amps going to the pumps, but then my pool repair guy said the pumps are OK , I am not sure what this problem.

Please help me?

Besr regards
Josephluca

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When you say not turning on, do you mean you can not hear them run at all? or they are just not pumping water

Do you have them on a timer? is the timer messing up. We had a water heater fail do to a timer, pulled the timer, water heater just fine

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome35.gif
Josephluca

Reaction score
welcome and did the electrician check before or after the pool guy? were they working at all when each person checked? Addy has a point, are they on timers? did you have a storm blow through recently? possible that a main breaker tripped or gfci or perhaps a fuse on the pumps themselves?

Reaction score
Did the electrician check for power right at each of the pumps? Are they hard-wired to a junction box, or does each one have a plug going to an outlet? if so, try plugging something else into the outlet and see if it comes on.
Breakers can sometimes trip but not indicate it by looking at them, not until you reset them is it apparent.
Try to determine if the pumps are actually turning, are they external or submersible, easier on an external pump.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well one of them is wrong but did you check pumps for clogs in them

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Your pumps won't have amps going to them. They will have voltage. Amps is what you will get by dividing your watts by your volts or A=W/V. Like others have mentioned, check your outlet, breaker, timer. Could be a number of things going on.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wondering also why are you having to turn them on ,you don't keep them running 24/7 and you are saying pool not pond .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wondering also why are you having to turn them on ,you don't keep them running 24/7 and you are saying pool not pond .

lol yep pool issue in a pond site, but we both use pumps

Ask a Question