Tiny Bubbles

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Just out of curiosity, I see a lot of "fixes" for algae growth that says to add an aerator. I don't have one and I do get that floating snot during the day, I'm wondering if there is some science to it or just a "it's always worked for me" thing.
Anyone know?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have an aerator and I get what I call over oxygen bubbles .Doesn't bother me .All my tests are spot on and fish are healthy.We have gotten a lot of rain so it just adds to it .To me it is just part of the pond and seems aggie and bert just love to swim in it and play with it .I guess they think it is food .
101_0355.JPG
101_0363.JPG

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, I see a lot of "fixes" for algae growth that says to add an aerator. I don't have one and I do get that floating snot during the day, I'm wondering if there is some science to it or just a "it's always worked for me" thing.
Anyone know?

Basically the premise behind aeration is to provide more Oxygen to heterotrophic bacteria to enable them to compete with algae for certain nutrients in the water column.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Couldn't help it, but I saw the title and thought this thread was about Don Ho! Guess my age is showing.

View attachment 99087
I was going to put in some lyrics too. Lol Glad someone caught it.
I have an aerator and I get what I call over oxygen bubbles .

Sissy, what kind do you have?

Basically the premise behind aeration is to provide more Oxygen to heterotrophic bacteria to enable them to compete with algae for certain nutrients in the water column.
So Meyer, it is beneficial then to have it, and it helps keep the algae growth low?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought laguna because repair kits were cheaper than any other brand .I do wish I had gone with the bigger one .But mine has 12 outlets that I can turn off and on .Most brands are the same but the laguna came with a 4 year warranty and the hoses and airstones .I love the airstones I have always had 2 filters and have airstones in each filter

Ask a Question