Too early to split hardy lilies?

Reaction score
I did mine Easter weekend,water temps in upper 40's. I already have a couple of pads at the surface.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All of mine have pads up. A few have buds heading up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I split mine a week or so ago. The water was nice, a little cold at first but I got use to it quickly. I am thinking it was in the 50's or 60's. Then we had a cold snap that is just now warming up again. They are now sitting on the shallow self until they start to grow. At that time Ill add some fert tabs and drop them down to the lower shelf.

We should hit the low 80's by late this week so I suspect growth is just around the corner.
DSCN9301.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I did mine this weekend as they were leaving out and oh my word sooo root bound! Split n fertilized n good to go again. Water was pretty good n almost warm this time which helped!! I have sooo many extra lillies again and hate to throw them but building an additional pond from my old preformed pond and a ol bathtub so the extra are in a bucket of water n can just hang out for now til that project gets started...it never ends lol

Ask a Question