Too early?

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I live in buffalo Ny. The weather this week is in going to be in the 40-50’s. I take my koi out for the winter and put them in a pool in my basement. I’m going for surgery in a couple weeks. And will be laid up for about 2 months. Is it to early to open the pond? I use the pool water that they are currently in. So it doesn’t shock them. And then from there, I let them swim and add more water. I know it won’t totally freeze. Just I don’t think it would be a shock either. Just asking opinions.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's water temperature that your fish care about, not air. So if you can keep the water temp the same - or as close as possible - they won't know the difference. I say move them while you are still physically able.

Good luck with your surgery! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy your pond while you recuperate.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's water temperature that your fish care about, not air. So if you can keep the water temp the same - or as close as possible - they won't know the difference. I say move them while you are still physically able.

Good luck with your surgery! Hopefully you will be able to enjoy your pond while you recuperate.
Thank you!! Knee surgery!! It will be good. Oh I will!! Yeah I plan I using the pool water that they’re currently in and then adding the hose water. Thank you!!

Ask a Question