Total novice from South Yorkshire UK.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark and I am a complete novice when it comes to ponds so please go easy on me!!! ;-)

Long story short to fill you in really quick on our pond situation.

Bought a new house...it has a pond with fish and a waterfall feature.

Pond spec:

• 4.5 foot deep approx
  • 10m2 area
  • black plastic liner
  • pond is at ground level
  • water fall feature made from large stones...2ft drop approx
  • 130 small to medium (palm size) fish including lots of goldfish and one large koi (about 24ins in length)
  • using a velda clearwater 100 filter (size of a small dustbin), 2x UV's built in...it's a beast!
  • decent powerful pump (hozelock) can't remember the spec but it works superb and powers the water fall really well.
  • black reinforced flexi-hose from the pump to the filter and then from filter to waterfall.
  • We also have a huge plastic grid frame system which is on stilts and 'covers' the pond my 3 small children are safe. (was professionally installed)
So that's me for now.
I am totally new to all this and the reason I have joined this forum is probabaly like most...I have a pretty big problem with the pond.
I'll not post it here...I'll post it in the forum...use my username 'flufgold' to help if you can.

I'll likely need some help to keep my pond running well so looking forward to learning and sharing with the experts so me and my family can enjoy our pond :)

Thanks everyone.
Mark.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome! I just posted where you were talking about your water level problem.

We all love to see pics of other people's ponds, so please post if you have any.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome how many gallons is your pond please, old school non metric brit never learned metric back in our school days, where in Yorkshire are you from as we have relatives in a place called Batley .
Those child safety grids are really worth the peice of mind arent they , I remember nose diving into a pond as a young boy.
Thankfully I was fished out by friends of the family and lived to fight another day :cheerful:
We built our pond up so no children can fall in its very responsable of you to do that as its so easy to fall in

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question