addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is weird, never have had that happen to me.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Strange that he would deny someone his snails............maybe he thinks you are looking for nice large ones to make for din din. Just tell him you are a veggie and all will be on the mend!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
He will not even let me communicate with him .Maybe he thinks I am someone else I'm not sure .I tried to understand what is going on but it just doesn't make sense .I click on anything on his sight and it says I am denied access and the request for that comes directly from him .I can't understand a seller who does not want to sell

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very funny john never ate a snail never eat meat yuck .You can have my share .I guess I'm turned off about e-bay after this ..I did get my snails at a better price 1.25 a piece .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Did you put them in your pond and how are they doing sissy? How many did you get? Hope aggie doesn't beat them around too much!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope I put them in a big fish tank for now and can't down load any pics as my puter crashed trying to get on this sight today and had to run 2 scans to isolate the virus and get rid of it .Not sure where or how the virus infected some of my files .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you just want to scare everyone so you can drive down the price of snails and afford you more garlic .But yes they can if they are not farm raised and when you get them you need to isolate them and make sure the water from them does not go in the pond .I have a fish tank that they will be going in with air and a filter .I got algae wafers and put some of my water hyacinth in the tank,No the virus in my puter was not caused by the snails LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just took some rocks from the pond and I found some little tiny pea sized snails on some of them .I wanted to put some rocks from my pond in the tank that had some gunk on them .I wonder what kind snails they are they are brownish black and have a long body

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
does anyone know what else I should provide for my new friends .I have the air pump to them and small filter and I have a light on them a cfl bulb in it .I'm not sure if I should do anything more .I have them down in my basement and temp in the basement is 65 right now out side temp is 69 right now and I have them near a window for natural light .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I just took some rocks from the pond and I found some little tiny pea sized snails on some of them .I wanted to put some rocks from my pond in the tank that had some gunk on them .I wonder what kind snails they are they are brownish black and have a long body
Sounds like cornucopia snails (pond whelks / stagnant pond snails / horn-of -plenty). They exist in almost every pond, and every kid has a local name for them. If you are scientifically inclined, you can look up Lymnaea stagnalis for more info. They usually hitch a ride on pond plants or come in on waterfowl's feathers as eggs or tiny youngsters. John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have read they like to munch on cut cucumbers sissy..........

Ask a Question