treating fish

Reaction score
As you can see, this is not really a forum to turn to for advice treating sick fish. Noone actually knows how. The fact that someone would disagree that a huge water change is needed to bring ammonia from 2 to below .25 is pretty amazing to me. So what did you decide to do anyway? How much water did you change? How are the fish doing?

Reaction score
As you can see, this is not really a forum to turn to for advice treating sick fish. Noone actually knows how. The fact that someone would disagree that a huge water change is needed to bring ammonia from 2 to below .25 is pretty amazing to me. So what did you decide to do anyway? How much water did you change? How are the fish doing?

Acting some what better since the water changes

Last edited by a moderator:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm only laughing. At. The way grown up are acting....

They, and others, need to learn to agree to disagree.

We keep bees, there is no one person we learn from, we gather the info fed to us then decide what will work for us. Same with our ponds, read, learn, pick what will work for you and do it.

I am glad to hear your fish are doing better.

Reaction score
Acting some what better since the water changes

That's great news. Now as Dave54 properly noted, you will want to determine why ammonia was so high. If the ammonia in my tank or pond was that high, I would have a small panic. He asked some good questions about pump size, filtration etc. We will be glad to help you if you would like.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Fishygirl I beg to differ some of us go that extra mile to help people with fish health issues and this is the correct forum to come to for help with fish health problems ask anyone weve ever helped .
Earlier this month we had a visit from one of the people weve helped :-

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/a-meeting-of-two-members.15878/

Do you know its really nice to meet people you've gone that extra mile for tracking down then isolating a problem then correcting that problem whist helping educate the person at the same time in fish health issues, we even gave Andy41 a parting gift a book on koi health issues .
Now if your fish continue flashing could you please describe in detail what your seeing better still put the fish in a glass tank so we can check it over also for the next few days at least I'd add extra air to your pond

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question