Tropical Storm / Hurricane Irene...........

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We fly to west palm beach, florida wednesday,, a parent in law check in..........and

Irene is projected to hit on thursday, ............

per the news on its path!
Irene, almost a hurricane tonight, likely will threaten Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast on Thursday night or Friday

At least we will be there if it hits so we can help the parents. We just got storm shutters on the foreclosure we have been working on.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
addy I hope you have a safe flight there and hope the storm bypasses you or at least doesn't do much damage if it stick around down there. I'll be praying for you and your family to be safe :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addy I hope you have a safe flight there and hope the storm bypasses you or at least doesn't do much damage if it stick around down there. I'll be praying for you and your family to be safe :)

Thanks jw, looks like it's path is more out in the ocean, at this second. Skimming the florida coast. Just a wait and see now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hope it stays in the ocean too., I talk to my Dad, and he said they haven't had the bad hurricanes this year, just lightening .... weird. He said every day, the lightening would come, a little rain than the sun comes back out. lol I told him we are getting his Florida weather this year.

Have a safe trip Addy !!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My renter called in a panic, now she lives down there, has lived there forever.............. started screaming .........WE i.e. me and hubby need to get the storm shutters on her rental, just the patio door, all windows are hurricane glass..........I politely reminded her we were in maryland not florida! call a handyman.

I called the office, they are going to send the handyman over.

Just looked at the projected map, it won't land at our area, but sure is coming close, the center will be just off shore, then it will head out to sea to hit south carolina. We have about 14 hours to sort of get ready lol. We would stay here, but if it is bad at least we will be there to help his parents.

Good luck to you nova! We will have to communicate via this thread as it passes, make sure we all make it lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Be safe all of you peeps in her path. I'll be praying for you all
SmileyPrayingForYou.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well now it is swinging out to sea, missing us, hope all of you in the carolina's will be ok

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just heard on the radio that it could hit anywhere on the S.E coast and that it was getting stronger.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am watching the noaa site, so far the eye have moved off shore i.e. florida, but it will hit maybe the outer banks, then move up into maryland. so we are getting everything put away that can blow around.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh no and you are leaving! Batten down the hatches and just hope all is well when you arrive home again. Will the camera's be on while you are gone? If so I'll be watching to see how it goes and I'm sure you will be as well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Man just noticed those hummers really go through that sugar/water like crazy! On your toes addy they will need more soon, lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah tomorrow, hurricane maybe passing by on thursday down there hitting maybe up here on sunday.

Cameras will be on.............call if you see something bad happening lol

We have a virgin mobile broadband we fire up for traveling, But it is not always on. It works pretty good.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Man just noticed those hummers really go through that sugar/water like crazy! On your toes addy they will need more soon, lol!

I am hanging another bottle the same size for while we are gone so they won't run out, maybe lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well we shall hope the winds don't blow them down! Have a nice safe trip and enjoy yourselves
duckraft.gif

Ask a Question