Tropical waterlilies, sprouted tubers available for trades

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That King of Siam is awesome looking, enjoy that one. I don't know anything about plants, what do those cost?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi Airxsteel,

Tropical waterlilies fetch $16-$30 (looking at nursery prices)

On ebay they may fetch $5-$15

Some varieties like King of Siam may be hard to find, along with Albert Greenberg, some varieties sell out more than others.

Hi Fishin,
Last weeks heat wave knocked a few things (including me) side ways, if whoever is on climate control would kindly switch it from 100f to more normal 80's stuff I might be able to get my tubers sorted out. As it is I'm trying to plant them out after dark :::doh:::

Now Blessed,
Don't you go telling folk my arm can be twisted to sell a tuber now and then :) I shall have to start hiding the good stuff!

Regards, andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://swglist.wordpress.com/

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
yes, Andy got back with me, I fully understand that things come up and you get busy, he contacted me back and Things are back on track. And yes I would love to give away about 20 degrees right now, 30 would even bet better!

Reaction score
I would love to get some of your tubers. Please let me know how I can get some from you! thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Am lifting tubers for storing and indoor cultivation, this month.

Ummm would be interested to trade for Antares, named night bloom tropical waterlilies, Canna, Japanese iris.

Trades for un named stuff considered if there is a good photo of plant in bloom. Un named trades are likely to be similar to varieties already here

Pond plants interesting to photograph preferred :::sigh:::.

No rush, all Winter to ponder on it!

IM's and emails preferred

Regards, andy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hmmm, Bagged and tagged so far, Tubers (some might call them corms) of the following, these are the tough resilient part of the tropcal waterlily from which new plants grow to flowering size when water temperatures are Summery 70°f-95°f.

Tubers store reliable damp or wet, in the 45°f-55°f range. Dispatched weather permitting, in the Winter months.

Albert Greenberg • Anne Emmett • Barbara Barnett • Black Prince • Blink • Blue Beauty • Blue Daisy • Blue Dauben • Bob Trickett • Caliente • Colorata • Director Moore • Evelyn Randig • Foxfire • Gigantea (deLestang, violacea) • Hickory Bend Ruth • Indian Goddess • Islamorada • Jack Wood • June Allison • King of Siam • King of the Blues • Lavender Lace • Leopardess • M.Ganna Walska • Marian Strawn • Marmorata • Miami Rose • Midnight • Mrs GH Pring • Ostara • Pamela • Pink Flamingo • Pink Leopardess • Queen of Siam • Southern Charm • Star of Siam • St. Louis Gold • Tina • White Delight • Wood&'s Blue Goddess • Yellow Dazzler • Night bloom tropical waterlilies • Charles Tricker • Emily Grant Hutchings • Frank Trelease • HC Haarstick • Jennifer Rebecca • Maroon Beauty • Mrs. GC Hitchcock • PinkNight • Red Cup • Red Flare • Sturtevantii • Trudy Slocum • Wood&'s White Knight •

pm's. emails preferred

Regards, andy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a

Attachments

• star_of_siam-8.jpg.JPG
    star_of_siam-8.jpg.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 284

Ask a Question