Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
In our veiw its different from what was shown in the video you sent us
Its a sludge eating nematode worm Maggie they basically have taken over every nich some worms being benificial others are parasites

Dave
Not a nematode, though it is a sludge-eater. It's actually an Annelid, which is what earth worms are, and it is beneficial.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you Meyer . I only got to see one video sent to fb at least I was almost on the nail it being a subs pecies , I always appreciate the lessons my friend .
I did say that it was a sludge eater and thus beificial Maggie but not a sub species as Meyer correctly pointed out , did you learn anything from the Nematode website I sent you via PM its all very good information for you to take in .
As a matter great interest to me I'd like to know what the exact magnification you took the up close photos from ? (y)

Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Dave 54 I'm pretty sure those pics were taken with the middle objective -- I can never remember the #'s, but think that is 100x (but it could have been 400x). I just recall that it was moving around so much that at 400x, I couldn't keep it in view long enough to be able to get pictures. Remember that I've been using my little Nikon CoolPix camera to take the pictures, so it's difficult to chase anything around for very long. It's set on "macro," and then I use the zoom to get the close-up shots. In the views where the pointer is visible, at least you have that to use as a size comparison.

Ask a Question