Underwater Camera

Reaction score
One of the most gratifying things we did with our pond was to add an underwater camera. I bought ours on Ebay about 3 years ago and it has been running non-stop ever since. It came with about 60 feet of cable. I routed the cable to a wireless transmitter and have a receiver hooked up to one of our televisions. It's quite relaxing watching my pond from a fish's point of view! It was with the camera that we first noticed we had baby fish this year. Often one of our 3 crayfish will make an appearance. Well worth the investment as it gives you a whole new perspective to enjoy your pond!

Todd

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
3 years and it's still working? How about a review of which one you have. i've been thinking about getting one. I love my fish tanks and I can sit at the computer and see my pond. But it would be cool to be able to see the sides of the koi in case anything starts on one of them so i can get first aid started as soon as possible.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine is a lorex, works great. We are on its second year non stop running. Ours is hard wired into our dvr which feeds the tv we have dedicated to the cameras

It is great to watch the fish, esp in the winter under the ice, they just hang out.

Reaction score
I bought ours from Ebay. It's simply called "Underwater Cam". I see no manufacturer on the box or country of origin. Likely Chinese. It is enclosed in a tube about 7" long with a weight on the bottom of it to keep it at the bottom and level.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol tmann that would be neater than neat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking for an underwater koi camera-I been looking on the site but seems the replies are old. Does anyone have one in their pond that stays in the pond completely submersible and can be connected to tv or computer. With winter coming, it sure would be nice to be able to watch what is going on. I talk to someone at go-pro and was told they are not meant to stay in water for long periods of time.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have had a couple. Got one of the ones from China, didn't last 6 months. I currently have one made by Aquascape but it has been discontinued because of problems. I've had mine for over a year but am starting to have trouble with it. They are supposed to be coming out with a new model soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've been using my Olympus 1030SW - no longer made but still going strong after 8 years

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
The wife bought a wired surveillance camera with the intention of watching the deer from Harbor Freight. Well I finally broke down and opened the box and was surprised at how small the cameras were, Usually they make stuff unnecessarily large to make you feel like your getting more for your money. Maybe one of these decades, I'm going to slip one of those cameras into a jelly jar, seal it up and see what the fish are doing down there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have had a couple. Got one of the ones from China, didn't last 6 months. I currently have one made by Aquascape but it has been discontinued because of problems. I've had mine for over a year but am starting to have trouble with it. They are supposed to be coming out with a new model soon.
Thank you/ I have been looking all over- I did contact aquascape and they have no idea when they will get another cam

Ask a Question