Uv light pump

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what to do about my uv light pump? It is a sumersible pump connected to my uv light. It has model B12 E16073 8C99 thermally protected utility printed on the label. The impeller is not turning, motor sounds like it is on. Took the impeller out to make sure it was not hung up with any debri and put it back , still nothing. It is not blowing or sucking. Di I need a new one and if so what kind, size etc. cannot find this same pump when I googled it. And do not know the best one to get at all. Thanks for help guys and gals. The uv has a new bulb and it is glowing nice blue!

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Is the uv light part of the pump or is it a separate unit? Approx how many gallons is your pond, if unsure what are the approx measurements of your pond, Length, width, depth...With that info we can help.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Iam guessing if the impeller is fine it must be the magnetic drive inside .Where the impeller attaches is the piece there able to be pulled out as it should just be magnetic and sometimes gravel gets back there .I had one like that and just back flushed it hard with my hose and a piece of gravel came out .

Reaction score
Thanks sissy sorry so long getting back. Kids and school lol....I took it part and nothing in it is there anything inside that can be wrong, do you think? Or mayby the magnetic rod on the impeller? Just wondering if I should order a new impeller assembly or just chuck it. The motor is working just not turning the impeller right.

Reaction score
Brandonsdad, the uv light runs on a separate pump from anything else and they are separate units. The impeller turns then kind of goes backwards and turns again, Cleaned it out, no trash, the motor sounds like it is working. Do you know if there is something inside that can be broken, or mayby I should just order a new impeller assembly? I just hate to by a whole new pump again, I have two pondmaster mags doing this same thing. One is a 1200 and the other an 1800. The pond is 5500'gals. The waterfall is run on a separate larger pump and is working fine. It is just the small pumps are not pushing the water thru the uv light. Right now I have a smaller pump on it that is at least circulateing some water thru the uv. Thanks y'all for any suggestions or thoughts!

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Unless you are having problems pea green water you shouldn't need to run a uv light all the time. I ran mine for about 2 wks before I took it out and put it away. Try spinning the impeller with the pump plugged in. Sometimes they just need a little help. I had a pump suck up a rock while we were gone on vacation. It stopped the motor from turning so it was just humming. It was like that for 4 days. When we got home I saw it wasn't working so I just unplugged it and went to bed. The next day I took the pump apart. Cleared the rock and plugged in. Nothing so I gave the impeller a spin and it took off. Works great still.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
To me it sounds like the pump motor is going out and you need a new pump

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys,gal:) , I guess I will work on it ambit more and if nothing will just add it to the junk pile. This will be 4 now in it over the years . mama started it and guess I will add to it lol

Ask a Question