Help picking a pump with UV light ?

Reaction score
I didn't know companies sold pumps like that with a UV light built in. I would just be worried the flow could be to much for that small of a bulb....

Do you want one pump to run both waterfalls? If so you could get a larger pump of some type (Laguna makes great stuff) & then plum a UV light to 1 of the outlets.

Reaction score
I really don't want to spend anymore than what the one I am looking at. The pump we have going now works but we have had it for several years and I think the flow has slowed some. Just thought If I could get both in one that would be great. And if it isn't doing the trick I could hook up a separate UV light down the road. Can a slower flow cause a pond to get algae easier?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lowes sells pumps with built in uv's and are called smart pumps and supposed to be more energy efficient and have a low water switch .I bought one that was on sale because package was damaged and as soon as the water gets below the pump the switch kicks in .You just reset it and pump works great .I like the water it puts out but had to add extra hoses because it was a little strong for 2900 gph it really puts out the water .I do not have the one with the built in uv .they are called smart pump

Reaction score
@
sissy I was wondering how well those worked. What size is your pump and whay size is your pond? And thank you !!!! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pump is 2900 gph and and pond is 10 by 20 and over 4 ft. deep and goes to one filter and the waterfall and some just goes out into the pond where the pump is and some will go out to 3 spitters I have .The electric bill i did notice went down from normal 100 dollars a month to a little less than 70 dollars but I also have not had the heat pump on ,no need for it .I have also been hanging more clothes out to dry in the nice fresh air .

Reaction score
Wow you have a big pond. Well I think I have it narrowed down to one at Lowes and the one at Rural King. Thanks for your help.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The house is all electric also and i did have company for 4 days each the last 2 months and the house is 2440 sq.ft. I did use the oven more during the time i had visitors and with them taking showers and more time the well pump had to come on and the water heater i really thought my electric bill would have been higher .Plus more lights on and more tv's on.To me it is a small pond or looks small but visitors like sitting on the front porch while they are here and enjoying the pond

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
forgot if you buy the one at lowes or anywhere else always ask if you can buy the extended warranty .I think i paid around 10 dollars for mine and it covers it for 2 years past the 1 year warranty and you can just take it back to lowes and they give you a new one no questions asked .

Ask a Question