UV Sterilizer

jezabell79

New but not...
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have a repurposed hot tub into above ground pond, and since I'm in Houston and summer is upon us I had to purchase a UV sterilizer. I work in the restaurant industry, so I'm definitely "balling on a budget" so to speak. I found one on Amazon Prime, and everything is in Chinese! Does anyone know about how to put a KEDSUM T5 UV STERILIZER 6W in the pond/filter box? I have to do this today before work and I work at five tonight. ANY input or suggestions asap would be greatly appreciated! ⛲

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got mine on ebay from topdogg sellar and it was an 16 watt for 30 dollars and not sure he has them or the smaller ones anymore and mine came with extra bulbs and was the twist one .Water needs to go threw a uv slow for it to be effective

jezabell79

New but not...
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This one is to get me by until I can get a permanent one. The water doesn't flow through it at all, you're supposed to put it in the filter box and only have it on for five hours a day. It was $21.99 on Amazon Prime, so I guess I'll put it in a five gallon bucket and try it out there first

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I took one out of a filter tank I had and just put the sleeve in my my stock tank with the light on and it just touch's the water half way up the sleeve

Ask a Question