Water change entertainment

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I have a nifty drain on the bottom of my big waterfall filter. When I want to do a small water change, I just walk over to the little gate valve and open it for as long as I like. All the water drains from the waterfall reservoir, stopping the waterfall. When I close the gate valve, the bio falls slowly fills back up again, eventually spilling over and restarting the waterfall flow.

Today, there was a bunch of crud that came out when the fall restarted, either from the filter itself or from the little spill basin directly under the waterfall. Lots of green algae bits and particulate ickiness. The fish LOVED it! They were absolutely freaking out. Like something from shark week. Whatever it was, it was apparently quite tasty and lots of fun!

If they had voices, I swear they would have been yelling "Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" like wild kids on a playground!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a pump in the bottom of my filter with a hose on it and all the water goes in buckets to my gardens .My fish don't get a chance to get any of the goodies but the gardens love it .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Any time I play in the bog, the fish gather to eat what flows over the waterfall. A good snack!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
When thinning plants in the stream or pulling string algea the fish swarm to where the water enters the pond. Its a feeding frenzy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup. I think I mentioned this on another thread the other day - when I hose off the waterfall, the fish gather at the bottom like Lutherans at a church potluck. (It's OK - I'm Lutheran! I can pick on my people!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yup. I think I mentioned this on another thread the other day - when I hose off the waterfall, the fish gather at the bottom like Lutherans at a church potluck. (It's OK - I'm Lutheran! I can pick on my people!)
Yep..... Catholics are the same..... No matter what Demonation you are we all like to eat.... Also us Catholics don't have an aversion to a little "Totty for the Body" "while we eat..... Lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Yep..... Catholics are the same..... No matter what Demonation you are we all like to eat.... Also us Catholics don't have an aversion to a little "Totty for the Body" "while we eat..... Lol
But if we eat or drink too much -- dang, we feel GUILTY! :ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question