Water change

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
pheromones build up in a closed system as our ponds are...waterchanges dilute these pheromones....pheromones play a role in the health and behavior of fish....mainly a build up of pheromones slow the growth of koi and goldfish...the old addage that fish grow in comparison to their enviroment is true, in the fact a smaller enviroment builds up the levels quicker. diluting the pheromone levels in a pond can greatly enhances the growth and uniformity of shape in fish. so not doing water changes can inhibit your fish from reaching their full potential.and if levels get too high they can shut down the fishes immune systems..not to mention that it does replenish trace minerals, electrolites and such, wich further aid in healthy fish. water changes arent just about removing bads theyre also about replenishing goods.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
koiguy1969 said:
pheromones build up in a closed system as our ponds are...waterchanges dilute these pheromones....pheromones play a role in the health and behavior of fish....mainly a build up of pheromones slow the growth of koi and goldfish...the old addage that fish grow in comparison to their enviroment is true, in the fact a smaller enviroment builds up the levels quicker. diluting the pheromone levels in a pond can greatly enhances the growth and uniformity of shape in fish. so not doing water changes can inhibit your fish from reaching their full potential.and if levels get too high they can shut down the fishes immune systems..not to mention that it does replenish trace minerals, electrolites and such, wich further aid in healthy fish. water changes arent just about removing bads theyre also about replenishing goods.

All great points I had completely forgottem about! Thanks for bringing those up, I knew that but forgot about it completely until you posted.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bart said:
I have read several threads where people are talking about doing a water change of their pond. So, I was just curious why if your ph, oxygen level and other readings are ok and your filtration system is working properly why is this change necessary?
Thanks

Now after all the above discussion, you have to decide what to do for your pond lol
Part of ponding what works for you might not work for someone else.

Ask a Question