Water Hyacinths???

Kim

Reaction score
I can never find anyone who sells these around where i live, is there any way to grow them from seed? or how does that work??? Thanks!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can't answer that, but where do you live? In some places its illegal to have them.

Jon Nannen

Pond Newbster
Reaction score
Here in Lincoln Nebraska, fish store sellsthem as do our plant places (earl may, Campbell's nursery). Some people sell them on craigslist as well

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I usually find wh and wl at our local suburban garden shop. They also sell supplies and fish. The city ones can't sell floating plants because the politicians in Chicago have outlawed almost everything and anything. You would think they would know these plants can't survive a good old Chicago winter but they didn't learn that before they outlawed them. They have also outlawed puppy sales and who knows they will outlaw goldfish sales next! Too bad you aren't closer. I am starting to throw out about 5 or 6 every day now!

Ask a Question