Water keeps going out of pond where stream comes into pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
I probably mentioned this before go to modern design aquascaping or team aquascapes or even oz pond. Just keep in mind they are pros and we should build with a larger margin of safety.
I've watched those videos, and did so right before I rebuilt this one. Not really sure what I did wrong though, maybe the liner needed to overlap much further. I can't tell to be honest, tough to fix something I can't see with my eyes and where it's just tinkering.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Overlaping is meaningless if it is done underwater. Or at water level and in the same horizontal plain. The overlap needs to have some height. 4 inches in height is like a foot overlap with only a 2 inch rise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Overlaping is meaningless if it is done underwater. Or at water level and in the same horizontal plain. The overlap needs to have some height. 4 inches in height is like a foot overlap with only a 2 inch rise.
Why is that? Don't really understand, if I overlap a foot in length why would it matter? I guess you must be right cause I was having issues even with a foot of overlap, but I suppose not properly since gravel remained on top of where the stream liner was going in. I had removed the liner yesterday and just buried the filter, so no more stream, not until maybe spring when I do it properly.

But yes, I assume I would have to remove all gravel from that area, so that overlap is on the actual liner, and then there would be a big height overlap, enough I assume not to wick water out, but this is from what I've watched on bigger lined streams. pretty interesting how such a small thing can cause something that cannot be very easily fixed. at least it was not for me.

Ask a Question