Water Testing

cuesport

Pool Shark
Reaction score
What do you do to lower the PH? I had bought some chemicals that are used in swimming pools but after reading the directions, it sounds like it would be detremental to the fish.
I'm also wondering how to soften the water. I consistantly get hard water readings.

FredrikAnderson

Koi Herder
Reaction score
I have my pond (350 gal) going now. It has been cycling for a week or two now. The water being added into the pond goes through a R.O. D.I. Filter before entering into the pond which should remove anything from the water. A couple of days ago I put some plants (water lettuce, water hyacinths, and frogsbit (I think that is what it is called) into the pond. I also planted 2 yellow Iris into a gravel bed that has water feeding through it along with some parrot feathers into my skippy filter. I have 3 masqito eater fish in the pond as well.

I just ran a water test with the following readings.

Ammonia 0
PH 8
Nitrite 0
Phosphate .25

I am wondering at what point should I feel good about putting in some more fish? I have a friend across the street that has a pond with Koi and Goldfish. He has told me I am welcome to take a bunch of the 4-5" red ones whenever I am ready (pretty sure they are Goldfish). And my daughter (and me) are chomping at the bit to go get them but I really don't want them to have any problems.

Reaction score
Back on 7-14-2009 i posted i had a problem, with my water, i like to say its now alot better and clearer....

I upload a Photo so you can see...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/712/mypond04092009001.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1444/mypond04092009005.jpg

I like to say thanks to everyone that replied to my post..

Also a mate of might is giving me a his Old Filter, its a Oasis Green2Clean Fish Koi UV Garden Pond Filter 30000... Its about Double the Size of the Filter i got and this Filter let me use my 7000 lph Pump

Ask a Question