waterfall and stream help

Reaction score
I have a small pond with a liner, skimmer with pump in it that pump water through pipe to back of a waterfall weir (biofalls) It is from Algreen and is called a Proffessional liner micropond.
I had the microfalls pouring directly into the pond, but this year want to move the waterfall back and have a small 3 foot stream. My plan is to:

Excavate stream (6 inches deep, 2-4 feet wide)
Install 10ft wide stream liner overlap main pond by 1 foot minimum
Place larger rocks on edges. Can put a boulder in stream to divert water. Fill with river rock. Use waterfall foam to fill in cracks. Disguise foam with gravel.
Frame waterfall opening two large boulders. Fill with smaller rocks and top with a flat rock

My questions are:
What do I do with the liner as it meets the waterfall weir?
Do I have to raise waterfall weir any higher than it naturally is? Water streams out about 1 foot above water level.
Can I build up sides of stream with soil by myself as I can't dig it as it would be lower than pond.

Thanks for all your help in advance.
:confused:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You can build up the sides with dirt, I would go at least 10 inches deep, by the time you put in under layment, the liner, the rocks your 6 inches will disappear. You want enough depth so you will not have overflowing problems.

Before each water fall into the next pond, i made a mini collection of water, then the water would spill over the rocks to the next pond.

The foam, you can just tear off any part that poofs out. With time it ages so you hardly notice it. Dirt algae etc collect, or you can put rocks on it.

Your plan sounds nice.

Ask a Question