Weird request....how to make fake animal scat.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep some know there poop and not talking about there own either ;)My nephew is 5 years old and knows poop since he is a country raised baby .He told me the difference between bear and deer and how the poop tells the size of the animal:poop: .I am 63 years old and had no clue .poop is poop I just know I avoid stepping in it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
my son (1st grader) just showed me a poop on our walk way this morning. we were speculating of what left it there. i'll have to do some search so i can tell him...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
A bit off the subject, but what about owl pellets? Our kids used to hunt for those in the woods and dissect them. They are full of little bones and furry bits - you could reconstruct whatever it was the owl had eaten from the bones. Quite interesting if you can get past the part where it's actually owl vomit!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!

The scat, er, poop went over quite well -- I was happy and the kiddos were excited! I never got around to getting a pic of my last-minute deer scat. Not the most realistic but the Tiger Cubs were convinced. Many were covering their noses 'cause they said it smelled really bad, tee, hee! And when we pointed out the fur (cat fur) and small bones (polymer clay) in the coyote scat, and "suggested" how they got inside......it was a unanimous, "ewwww!" from the Cubs!

So now I have a year to perfect the recipes!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Can we be closer so I can have my son in your troop? :) Sounds so much fun!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can we be closer so I can have my son in your troop? :) Sounds so much fun!
LOL! I'm sure he's going to be happy wherever he is! He'll be a Cub Scout until he's 11 y/o, and the parents are very involved during those years. Lots of fun stuff going on. Boy Scouts start at 11 where the focus is on leadership, teaching, camping skills..... Most parent stop being involved once their sons age-out at 18 (not all reach Eagle). I'm one of those rare birds who decided to stay around and continue to contribute. I love watching (and helping) the boys grow into young men!

Ask a Question