water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like you have it fixed!
Sort of, he did get his head through did the stalk did the strike but appeared to get nothing. It was pretty dark out there, hard to see if it swallowed anything.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
MY VOTE IS FOR THE WARTHOG
download.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Might have to use some smaller net in certain area`s so it can`t get its head in there.
I have deer fencing I can place here and there, small weave, hate to use, it traps the frogs etc. But this time of year safer for them since it is cold. Water temp, big pond , is 46

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have deer fencing I can place here and there, small weave, hate to use, it traps the frogs etc. But this time of year safer for them since it is cold. Water temp, big pond , is 46
snow fencing is cheap and larger holed, but less so than 4" weave; a heron isn't going to poke it's head through that. Temporary though as it definitely isn't good esthetics. Maybe order some 2" weave (shouldn't trap frogs, I'd think, maybe not even small birds (or 3"?) and lay it on the lower 3' or so of what you have now. And I'd definitely stake the net to the ground as soon as you get a chance.

smt2b.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have the net staked, it is not going under anymore, now just sticking its head through. The sucker. I do have some snow fencing, I will get that stuff out, snow, caution type stuff. Bright green bright orange. That I can do quickly.

It is just the hanging down piece, the bird has not attempted to go through the top. The hot tub pond has deer fencing on it, currently down low on the water surface. The bird has not come to it, yet..

I am packing so hopefully I can get out of here and meet up with hubby tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have the net staked, it is not going under anymore, now just sticking its head through. The sucker. I do have some snow fencing, I will get that stuff out, snow, caution type stuff. Bright green bright orange. That I can do quickly.

It is just the hanging down piece, the bird has not attempted to go through the top. The hot tub pond has deer fencing on it, currently down low on the water surface. The bird has not come to it, yet..

I am packing so hopefully I can get out of here and meet up with hubby tomorrow.
just take your phone with you when you are re-fencing the area, let dear old hubby know it's HIS fault you're running late. No need to tell him the 'gang' at GPF is taking up your valuable time!!
:p ;)

btw, you're going to be 'vacationing' for the next few days; does that mean we can run loose in the Hallowed Halls after curfew? You didn't ever finish pointing the security cams at our dorms, didcha? I mean, not that we couldn't go out the window...no window cams that I'VE ever seen...

smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
just take your phone with you when you are re-fencing the area, let dear old hubby know it's HIS fault you're running late. No need to tell him the 'gang' at GPF is taking up your valuable time!!
:p ;)

btw, you're going to be 'vacationing' for the next few days; does that mean we can run loose in the Hallowed Halls after curfew? You didn't ever finish pointing the security cams at our dorms, didcha? I mean, not that we couldn't go out the window...no window cams that I'VE ever seen...

View attachment 144915
I will probably have most of tomorrow to do stuff, well at least 6 hours. That is about how much longer they need to travel to get to Annapolis. I hope they refuel tonight and then take off early am. They have about another hour of decent light. Almost out of the canal and heading into Elk River which leads to the bay.

Looking forward to some down time, it has been a stressful few weeks, dealing with the yoda mechanic up in NJ . Feet up reading a book, taking it easy. We take precooked food, warm and eat.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Third time back today.............well this evening. Sitting on the dead maple in the dark right now. This time it arrived sat there and stretched its neck, opened mouth, stuck out tongue, like it was working on swallowing some food. Flew in from the west, then it left and flew back in from the west. It is darn dark out there. My tree must be its resting spot.

It has some huge barbs,/folds of tissue on the tongue, probably helps pull the fish down the throat.
20211204_155424.jpg
20211204_155439.jpg
20211204_155620.jpg
20211204_155716.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think that bird is sticking it's tongue out at you and madder than a wet hen! It got a taste of your fish and wants more, more, more!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can believe that!
I think that bird is sticking it's tongue out at you and madder than a wet hen! It got a taste of your fish and wants more, more, more!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Can believe that!
I see one of two things happening;

1) this thread approaches your bog build thread in length
...or
2) some old guns get dusted...

and of course, I MAY have to start another betting pool--you KNOW CW cheated on the other. I think you should make sure he knows HIS pay is now 0- ....jus' sayin'!!

And I realize I have two options as to the above suggestion;

1) how many fish will Frankenheron get before the guns get dusted
or
2) how many pages before we see Frankenheron as the victim and not the villain

I'll let YOU pick!! :p:p:cool:

smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have done some random play backs and have not seen the heron, may or may not have arrived. Net still in place, water is cold so fish are low in the pond.

Ask a Question