I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
koiguy1969 said:
j.w... looks like late 60s there... was that pic before or after woodstock?....FLOWER POWER MAN! , and if anyone asks "YOU HAD GLUCOMA" hehehe.
The 2nd pic was taken Feb.15th 1969 the day we got married and was before Woodstock but same year. Didn't make it to Woodstock sorry to say!

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
E.H... HEY..you had hair! how cool was that?....lol whats with the cases? needed them as couterweights for balance? i only have one real question.
MILLERS, REALLY? in CANADA wheres theres Molsons, Labbats, etc...?
I am not sure what was with that beer, as it was not available in Canada... I must have brought some back from a trip across the border. Funny how the hair goes... you reach your teen years, smoking, drinking rock and roll, it grows long... then you grow up and cut it off, just for the rest of it too fall out.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
YEAH...it was the "taboo" of the beer smuggled across the border, huh?...lol well us Michiganders, atleast everyone i know or knew who drank. love canadian beer. if i drank american, i liked Rolling Rock. now thats as good as any canadian beer!... now i might drink 10 beers in a year!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'll look for a pic. Since we've gone digital, not even sure where my old pics are. If "30's" is OK, it may have to be a wedding pic -- at least I know where THAT album is :)

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
YEAH...it was the "taboo" of the beer smuggled across the border, huh?...lol well us Michiganders, atleast everyone i know or knew who drank. love canadian beer. if i drank american, i liked Rolling Rock. now thats as good as any canadian beer!... now i might drink 10 beers in a year!
It was the thing to do back then... I think it all came down to the price. It’s still that way, as a 24 of Molson Canadian is currently $40.95 !!!

Reaction score
Event Horizon said:
It was the thing to do back then... I think it all came down to the price. It’s still that way, as a 24 of Molson Canadian is currently $40.95 !!!
Perhaps it was price, but it seems to me it was more the 'drug of choice' at that time. I understand there were things like heroin and cocaine and that type of thing then, but maybe it was circles I traveled in - you just didn't hear about it then, like you do today.

Reaction score
Well I thought I would start this thread back up... lol. I ran across my wedding pictures to my hubby now. I was 31 and my daughter was 3. Yesturday was her 14th bday :nailbiting: Holy Crap im getting old! Anyway here it is:
2014-04-08 18.04.03.jpg

Ask a Question