What does your landscaping around your pond look like?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh yeah, it's a never-ending job!

Just for the fun of it, here are some photos of my non-pond landscaping project: I found some really huge paver stones on FB Marketplace. I just had to go and dig them out and transport them (took three car loads with my little Vitara). But what to do with them?
Now, right off our main back patio is a huge pomegranate tree underplanted with ferns. Every year I was pouring way too much water into keeping those ferns alive. So why not take out most of them and add a patio? Here's the work in progress... And no, it wasn't at all easy figuring out the best way to piece this jigsaw puzzle together, when each rock was too big to lift. I had to roll them, pinwheel style, into place.

View attachment 157829

And here's the (almost finished product) just need to plant more thyme between the pavers.

View attachment 157830

Next up:

Bog
Stream
Cinderblock stairs from the vacant lot descending to our lot
Find a way to keep garden wall from toppling...
I'm looking at all the wood around @YShahar PROPERTY AND HOW IT'S NOT ALL FADDED OR COVERED IN ALGAE a clear benefit to living in the desert. I still want to olive branch ah um bench

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
When you're that good at ponding, who cares how you type?

Oh yeah, you got that right! Every time he posts a photo, it makes me rethink my life choices.

Besides, @GBBUDD , your typing gives us the same kind of puzzle-solving pleasure as @combatwombat gets out of Wordle! ;-)

Abby

Nature & zen lover, Aquatic plant sales
Reaction score
Central Texas… home of the 10 month summer! ;)
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Attachments

• 5D5EA3CB-5867-425C-B8D3-8903FAD2DC8A.jpeg
    5D5EA3CB-5867-425C-B8D3-8903FAD2DC8A.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b