What does your pond look like ... Today?

Ad

Advertisements

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Little Guppy pond with my crazy sister Bev. Got to love your sisters as they are all I have left after my mom passed.

Look at all my guppies who were outside and alive in Canada in -36 below zero weather. I took the winter pond covers off and now everything growing nice. I have the two fish tank heaters to keep them warm and toasty!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
ever taken pics of your pond from the exact same position every couple of weeks and then work it into a slide show? This one seems like a great candidate for that!
I did that with an aquarium of mine. Images are 1 month and 2 days apart.

1 month ago:
20210306_163022.jpg

Today:
20210408_163316.jpg

Needs a good trim, lol.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
ever taken pics of your pond from the exact same position every couple of weeks and then work it into a slide show? This one seems like a great candidate for that!
Yes, I did last year! Check it out if you'd like:

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
crankin quick seeing as you had snow what only last week

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
College why do you use drain pipes out of the bog you have more experience then needed to make a waterfall and to loose the pipes

Reaction score
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer your pond is almost my dream pond. In fact, I'm going to show some of your pictures to a pond installer today for an estimate. Since I'm new to this, I don't know how to translate 800 gallons. What is the approximate LxW of the pond itself? Sorry if it was in your showcase and I missed it.

Ad

Advertisements

brokensword

Not all those who wander are lost
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer your pond is almost my dream pond. In fact, I'm going to show some of your pictures to a pond installer today for an estimate. Since I'm new to this, I don't know how to translate 800 gallons. What is the approximate LxW of the pond itself? Sorry if it was in your showcase and I missed it.
IMO, figure out how large (gallons) you want your pond to be and DOUBLE it; you'll thank me sooner than you think! LPS is a real thing and the advantages of a large volume of water over a small one just make your life that much easier and increases your enjoyment time.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh, thanks!
Length is about 11 feet and width is about 6 feet. Average depth is somewhere around 2 feet. Max depth is 3.5 feet. I also have a 2 foot deep area that I use for my water lilies, and a 1 foot deep marginal shelf around the edge.

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMO, figure out how large (gallons) you want your pond to be and DOUBLE it; you'll thank me sooner than you think! LPS is a real thing and the advantages of a large volume of water over a small one just make your life that much easier and increases your enjoyment time.
Yeah, but Limited Budget Syndrome is also a real thing. :sneaky:

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question