What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I thought I would branch out from @CountryEscape 's "What is your weather like ... today" topic and ask you: What does your pond look like ... Today?

As we all know, ponds go through many changes throughout the year, some large, some small; some good, some bad. From snow melting, to plants growing; From leaves falling, to the first snowfall. I thought this would be a great way to share how your pond looks on any given day in comparison to the last time you shared, which could be be as recent as yesterday, last week, or last month, depending on how frequently you'd like to share. It would be an nice way to see how all of our ponds change throughout the year, and what they look like on any given day.

Here's how my pond looks today:

Snow is slowly melting, but the pond is still frozen solid.
DSCN4282.jpg

Reaction score
Here's my pond today. Hubby just finished the 'bones' of the waterfall, bit more work to do, but I included a close up for you all you rock lovers out there. Still hiding my liner. But I'm loving the feel of the pond. It really looks like its been there much longer than 3 months. Couldn't have done it without you guys and all your know how! Just tested my water and its all testing consistently where I want it. I am going to add a trickle tower because I would like to add more goldies (no more koi, unless I find a white or silver butterfly), I also want to have the safety net of another filter and pump.

Pond today.jpg
Pond today.jpg
Waterfall.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wow, addy, all that snow melted that fast?

Yep it happens here quite often, snows then poof gone...even dead of winter. But right now temps are all over, freezing and snow to warmish and sun, think we hit 36 the day after the snow.

Ask a Question