JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
(Edit: The decision has been made. Went with the Firestone liner)

So I've decided to get a new pond liner and its going to be one of these. Which one is better, or does it matter? Both are EPDM 45 mil. The top one is Life Guard the bottom is Firestone.

Life Guard Liner

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-x-20-45mil-EPDM-Koi-Pond-Liner-Underlayment-Combo-/370604258156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5649bc336c
Firestone Liner
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Firestone-45-Mil-EPDM-Pond-Liner-Pro-8oz-Underlayment-Kit-15-x-20-/380403500428?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5891d0c58c

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They are both the same just use different brand names and the first one has a texture to it I have samples of 8 different kinds of 45 mil epdm .One even says it has a sun guard added to it and another says it has and an algaecide added to it .I have 3 that have different kind of textures and say they resist puncture .I bought the firestone out of them all .I bought mine at dr foster and smith

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The first one is textured but i found it punctured a little easier than the regular epdm ,but would be nice if you have to get in the pond at first but after muck builds up on it I guess it would be the same .I used baby oil to represent muck

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what I bought

Attachments

• pond rebuild 022.JPG
    pond rebuild 022.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 326

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Good to hear. I think I may go with the firestone liner. Gonna buy it today so I can begin the installation next week. I'm excited :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No turning back now, its ordered. Cannot wait to begin the project. Just hopefully it wont turn into a rainy season

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No turning back now, its ordered. Cannot wait to begin the project. Just hopefully it wont turn into a rainy season
Well you are building a pond which = water which = rain which means it should not matter, except you will be WET!
9.gif

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
except you will be WET!
9.gif

Sounds terrible! Looked at the forecast, and sure enough, best chance of rain is next weekend...:poop:

...but I'm still really excited! Pond liner was a little bigger and more money than I planned, but it'll be a really nice step up. Other than the extra flagstone I probably wont be able to get for awhile, I have most materials now and in a couple weeks my brand new pond/bog will hopefully be set! :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I bought the Firestone brand as well. Very pleased with it.
I had heard that shipping could be a problem if it was not handled properly, but there were no tears in it when I got it.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sounds terrible! Looked at the forecast, and sure enough, best chance of rain is next weekend...:poop:

...but I'm still really excited! Pond liner was a little bigger and more money than I planned, but it'll be a really nice step up. Other than the extra flagstone I probably wont be able to get for awhile, I have most materials now and in a couple weeks my brand new pond/bog will hopefully be set! :D
JB How much bigger are you making your pond?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine was delivered UPS and guy put it on my handtruck and i just put it down by the basement door .It was rolled up nice and tight in a box

Ask a Question