what guest's kids do with your pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i admire australian culture in this regards they have very rich wild life , parents and society help kids interact with animals and from young age kids get to b in touch with the nature animals and when they mature most of the ppl there are animal lovers , the govt did invested alot too on zoos and parks .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't think that's limited to one culture @Usman - we have beautiful parks and zoos in America, but people are raised with different values. Some people think zoos should be abolished as they are cruel to the animals that are kept there. Others believe that zoos help educate and inform the public. Some people believe animals are best when they are dead on their plate! It's a diverse world we live in. The trick is to learn to all exist side by side peacefully while allowing others to have their own beliefs and lifestyles.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Once, early on in my ponding life, the neighbor kid was having a sleepover. Around 11pm I heard loud thump-bang noises then something hit our roof-BOOM, I was under attack! Ran out wearing little if anything and jumped over the fence, grabbed the boy that resided there and yelled "who's home?-go get them NOW!" That's when I met 'mom', her biggest concern was not what had happened to me, but explained to the kids that she has to pay $ for the soda's they were throwing into my pond and onto my roof and that is was wasteful..? After that I was NOT sorry for grabbing a minor buy the scruff in my underwear, nor the mud I tracked into their home near midnight. Something I should add was my wife and I were having intimate relations at the time of attack so my energy level may have been elevated.
Next day I went to talk to 'dad' about it, hes was quick to point out... Not son, "step-son" and I walked away. A couple years I later came home to a wrecked pond, yes in my backyard behind the six foot fence. Absolutely puzzled at what had happened, there were still toys floating in the water thus I concluded it had to be the neighbors. When confronted with the facts of my findings, the father simply said "I though I got everything out"...

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hi
The movie hang.them high comes to mind.
Had a problem with the kids and there parents that live behind us,
You know those toy guns that shoot the little yellow plastic bullets well the would shoot them in to the pond.
At first talked to the kids then talked to the parents no help there.
So I videoed them doing it called the police and they went over a scared the c..p out of them.

Well we are not friends and that is ok but they don't shoot or throw stuff in my yard.

Ruben

Reaction score
Country
United States
Once, early on in my ponding life, the neighbor kid was having a sleepover. Around 11pm I heard loud thump-bang noises then something hit our roof-BOOM, I was under attack! Ran out wearing little if anything and jumped over the fence, grabbed the boy that resided there and yelled "who's home?-go get them NOW!" That's when I met 'mom', her biggest concern was not what had happened to me, but explained to the kids that she has to pay $ for the soda's they were throwing into my pond and onto my roof and that is was wasteful..? After that I was NOT sorry for grabbing a minor buy the scruff in my underwear, nor the mud I tracked into their home near midnight. Something I should add was my wife and I were having intimate relations at the time of attack so my energy level may have been elevated.
Next day I went to talk to 'dad' about it, hes was quick to point out... Not son, "step-son" and I walked away. A couple years I later came home to a wrecked pond, yes in my backyard behind the six foot fence. Absolutely puzzled at what had happened, there were still toys floating in the water thus I concluded it had to be the neighbors. When confronted with the facts of my findings, the father simply said "I though I got everything out"...
How utterly rude of him!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow! Kid's come over to see my ponds just about daily during the summer months but not one was destructive so I count myself as lucky. I have little guppy pond out front and kids love to look and sit by that pond too and only think destroying my pond is the darn Deer! The kids around here are pretty good and the next door neighbor kids used to sneak into pond in back while I was at work. Used to catch them cause they left little chair by gate so they could unlatch lock and get in. I put lock on gate after that for a little while as they were quite young and was afraid they would fall in and drown.
Those kids are always around these days and now they are half grown and almost teenagers. They still love my ponds and are very helpful with my little doggy Rio and play so nice with her. They are really good kids and there mom is from Thailand and dad "bought" her for a few cows, not even kidding. I was shocked when she told me that years back and me and hubby used to joke that she was the "rent-a-bride" ha ha ha. She used to barely speak any English years back, but they are really a sweet happy lovely family now. I just love the children and I am guilty of spoiling them with candy and ice cream bars. I actually bribed them all with candy over the years and that helps keep kids nice.. He he he

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have to watch peter from now on ,I guess neighbor was lucky he had undies on .Some parents would call the cops .I had neighbors like that in my first house .The parents called the cops on me being mean to their children and ended up parents had to pay for the damages to my car and house that their 2 sons did ,but they called the cops on me ,had to laugh at that one ..Children had no discipline and were very rude not only to neighbors but to parents .They both ended up in lots of trouble and ended up in police hands and the court system then took over .

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Have to watch peter from now on ,I guess neighbor was lucky he had undies on .Some parents would call the cops .I had neighbors like that in my first house .The parents called the cops on me being mean to their children and ended up parents had to pay for the damages to my car and house that their 2 sons did ,but they called the cops on me ,had to laugh at that one ..Children had no discipline and were very rude not only to neighbors but to parents .They both ended up in lots of trouble and ended up in police hands and the court system then took over .
Yes we were both lucky I had undies on. Had some punk neighbors across the street making comments while I was waxing my boat one day, the shorts I was wearing "accidentally" fell to my ankles and those boys disappeared, returned with 'father' and I told him "they were talking shit so I showed them my ass".. End of story.:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sure they accidentally fell down HMMM .I am lucky here neighbors stay to themselves they only wave hello as they go by .I just have problems with the pets they own .Only comment I ever hear is that I work to hard outside

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Yes we were both lucky I had undies on. Had some punk neighbors across the street making comments while I was waxing my boat one day, the shorts I was wearing "accidentally" fell to my ankles and those boys disappeared, returned with 'father' and I told him "they were talking shit so I showed them my ass".. End of story.:)

lmao

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
I feel very lucky reading this thread. My neighbor has 3 young children. She will often text to say the children want to come see the fish, and I almost always allow them. She accompanies her kids, and supervises to ensure respectful behavior when they interact with the fish. So even though they are squealing, splashy youngsters, my fish are not shy around them. Because of this, I also can trust them to feed my fish while I am away. I'm hopeful that these kids will be interested in having their own fish pond someday!

Reaction score
I dare them to get past my electric fence around my pond :D

If I was in the situation, I would instruct the parents and let them know they wouldn't be invited back. If they were my nieces and nephews, they may get turned over my knee.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have new neighbors and their son came over last week with his parents. I'd say he's 9ish maybe, very sweet but... well he's 9. The first thing he did was drop a rock, a small one, in the water so I explained to him that the fish could be hurt and then gave him some food to feed them and showed him the frogs and the tadpoles and said adding anything to the pond could hurt them.
He has been over since and been great. I just took it as an opportunity to teach and share my love for ponds.

Ask a Question