what guest's kids do with your pond?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Usman, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Usman

Kathe

They didn't even know he was gone. Said he must have slipped out someway. I know, right? Smh

Kathe, Apr 23, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Usman

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

Wow! Kid's come over to see my ponds just about daily during the summer months but not one was destructive so I count myself as lucky. I have little guppy pond out front and kids love to look and sit by that pond too and only think destroying my pond is the darn Deer! The kids around here are pretty good and the next door neighbor kids used to sneak into pond in back while I was at work. Used to catch them cause they left little chair by gate so they could unlatch lock and get in. I put lock on gate after that for a little while as they were quite young and was afraid they would fall in and drown.
    Those kids are always around these days and now they are half grown and almost teenagers. They still love my ponds and are very helpful with my little doggy Rio and play so nice with her. They are really good kids and there mom is from Thailand and dad "bought" her for a few cows, not even kidding. I was shocked when she told me that years back and me and hubby used to joke that she was the "rent-a-bride" ha ha ha. She used to barely speak any English years back, but they are really a sweet happy lovely family now. I just love the children and I am guilty of spoiling them with candy and ice cream bars. I actually bribed them all with candy over the years and that helps keep kids nice.. He he he

callingcolleen1, Apr 23, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Usman

sissy sissy

Have to watch peter from now on ,I guess neighbor was lucky he had undies on .Some parents would call the cops .I had neighbors like that in my first house .The parents called the cops on me being mean to their children and ended up parents had to pay for the damages to my car and house that their 2 sons did ,but they called the cops on me ,had to laugh at that one ..Children had no discipline and were very rude not only to neighbors but to parents .They both ended up in lots of trouble and ended up in police hands and the court system then took over .

sissy, Apr 23, 2017
  4. Usman

peter hillman Let me think for minute....

Yes we were both lucky I had undies on. Had some punk neighbors across the street making comments while I was waxing my boat one day, the shorts I was wearing "accidentally" fell to my ankles and those boys disappeared, returned with 'father' and I told him "they were talking shit so I showed them my ass".. End of story.:)

peter hillman, Apr 23, 2017
    addy1 and sissy like this.
  5. Usman

sissy sissy

sure they accidentally fell down HMMM .I am lucky here neighbors stay to themselves they only wave hello as they go by .I just have problems with the pets they own .Only comment I ever hear is that I work to hard outside

sissy, Apr 23, 2017
    peter hillman likes this.
  6. Usman

PossumsDad

lmao

PossumsDad, May 10, 2017
  7. Usman

C-Note

I feel very lucky reading this thread. My neighbor has 3 young children. She will often text to say the children want to come see the fish, and I almost always allow them. She accompanies her kids, and supervises to ensure respectful behavior when they interact with the fish. So even though they are squealing, splashy youngsters, my fish are not shy around them. Because of this, I also can trust them to feed my fish while I am away. I'm hopeful that these kids will be interested in having their own fish pond someday!

C-Note, May 12, 2017
    peter hillman, sissy and Tula like this.
  8. Usman

sissy sissy

There are children that are taught and children that aren't
    '

sissy, May 12, 2017
    Usman and peter hillman like this.
  9. Usman

TAHOE

I dare them to get past my electric fence around my pond :D

If I was in the situation, I would instruct the parents and let them know they wouldn't be invited back. If they were my nieces and nephews, they may get turned over my knee.

TAHOE, May 19, 2017
  10. Usman

tbendl T

I have new neighbors and their son came over last week with his parents. I'd say he's 9ish maybe, very sweet but... well he's 9. The first thing he did was drop a rock, a small one, in the water so I explained to him that the fish could be hurt and then gave him some food to feed them and showed him the frogs and the tadpoles and said adding anything to the pond could hurt them.
    He has been over since and been great. I just took it as an opportunity to teach and share my love for ponds.

tbendl, May 19, 2017
    sissy, Lisak1, Nyboy and 2 others like this.
  11. Usman

Lisak1

Kids are just curious little learners. And for whatever reason, dropping a rock in water has universal appeal to all little ones. It's the ultimate in cause and effect.

Lisak1, May 20, 2017
  12. Usman

sissy sissy

like skipping stones on the water when I was a child .We seem to all have a love of rocks

sissy, May 20, 2017
  13. Usman

DutchMuch Lord Of The Aquascapes!

Man you guys are just so nice;
    If a kid did something horrible to my pond, first time: warning (hey dude, can you not do that? "yea man np!" aight thanks!)
    2nd time: GET OFF MY YARD NOW OR I SWEAR TO GOD ILL GET THE GUN!
    3rd time: *so angry cannot speak*
    4th time: *cops*
    fifth attack on my pond: domestic violence...

DutchMuch, May 20, 2017
    Usman and Terra Zen like this.
  14. Usman

Terra Zen

My youngest son is the youngest kid in my area. He's 11. None of my children, at any age, would have even dreamed of going into a neighbors yard without permission, from the neighbor, and myself.
    There's no real fences around here either. My next door neighbor has a wooden fence, that anyone could walk right through, because her dog trends to run away, but honestly, my kids would never enter her yard. Her kids would never enter mine!
    It's a matter of raising your children to respect others and to respect nature and animals. Mine were raised with many pets that they were taught from infancy to love and care for. My son's (I have 3) love to throw rocks into the water at the beach...if nobody's in the water. My daughter, (the oldest) is the enforcer when I'm not around. We also count on our animal friends to give lessons in behavior...
    There's one child, well, she's not really a child anymore at almost 17, who has behavioral issues...
    I have a honey bee hive in the back of my property...yep, she figured she'd check out the residents without asking, several years ago...I didn't have to say a word...buzzy and company gave her a lesson in etiquette.
    She hasn't been back.

Terra Zen, May 29, 2017
    Usman and DutchMuch like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question