What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Rain! We finally got a little pounding of rain last night. Cooler today and currently at 42 degrees. Might possibly freeze lightly tonight....

Attachments

• 20160415_123201.jpg
    20160415_123201.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 55

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
rock salt..................
I never thought of that! Was just reading about using epsom salts to rot away tree stumps, too. But you have to drill roles and fill them with salt, and that would be enough evidence to put me behind bars!! :eek: I'll have to think about it some more. Might be worth three months to have my lilies blooming again! :D
John
Oh, God... I'm ADDICTED!!!! :(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol mix with water, pour, never have done it.........................

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use it on mine .The guy I hired sprayed the stuff with an extra strong brush and poison ivy kille and it came back a year later .I tried my dads way with a bucket with holes drilled in and rock salt in the bucket near the roots and water put in to slowly dissolve the rock salt so it can leach into the ground .Had to use a pipe with a hook on it to put the bucket near the root area and then used the hose to put water in it .Killed the kudzu also .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use it on mine .The guy I hired sprayed the stuff with an extra strong brush and poison ivy kille and it came back a year later .I tried my dads way with a bucket with holes drilled in and rock salt in the bucket near the roots and water put in to slowly dissolve the rock salt so it can leach into the ground .Had to use a pipe with a hook on it to put the bucket near the root area and then used the hose to put water in it .Killed the kudzu also .
The problem with our ivy, it is among honey suckle, vines climbing up trees, in my gardens. When I find it small I spray with strong roundup. Out in the woods, honeysuckle, I let the stuff grow, it gets 10 foot tall. The only way to kill it off is to kill all the plants around it.

Ask a Question