addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like Matthew is going to smack our places in Florida, tomorrow. We are in the direct path, per the news today.

Here the weather is beautiful.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Looks like a lot of wind and rain and looks like it will turn out to the sea around NC /Hard to say but hope so .I just hope the weather channel is right

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hopefully Mathew misses everybody...
We hope so too, right now our rentals are in the direct path. We have contacted every tenant making sure they are ready. We may have to make a run to Florida if we lose roofs etc.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here is where we have houses................right where they are predicting it to hit land.
We have done all we can for our tenants, warnings, suggestions, the houses have hurricane proof windows. They can still break but they won't blow out.

upload_2016-10-5_14-1-35.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Thank you folks for your kind words.
Bear had a 3 hour surgery yesterday and is still in their ICU unit as sepsis remains a concern.
My wife has gone in to see him today and must wear gown/mask/boots in the isolated sterile environment.
The doctors are hopeful.

Tula, our dogs are Black Russian Terriers.
Colleen, don't get health insurance for dogs. The fine print makes it useless.
Good luck to all you folks affected by the hurricane. It looks dangerous.

Snow flurries here today.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know they are asking for people to leave .Insurance pays for damages but does not replace a life .Good they are taking extra precautions with bear .Was the throat totally effected or just partially effected .Reason I ask is his ability to eat food .It has been dark and gloomy here all day ,heavy clouds and the storm is no wheres near us .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
.Good they are taking extra precautions with bear .Was the throat totally effected or just partially effected .Reason I ask is his ability to eat food .

Bear had nerve damage and necrosis around the esophagus, so there was some swelling. He had a tube down his throat to allow him to breathe during the night and so that any swelling did not cut off his ability to breathe. My wife just texted me that he was refusing the hospital's wet food, but did eat some cheese, strawberries we give them and organic goose I had cooked.
He also took some dry kibble that we feed him here at home.
My wife said he looked great.:)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So glad to hear he is doing better, and loving your cooked goose! He obviously turned up his nose to their food, knows where the better food comes from.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
78 here right now. I think it hit 80 earlier today--that sun is SO warm. This may be the last blast of summer-like weather. Things will be cooling down but they are still saying above-average for the next couple of weeks.... which is good because we FINALLY got our old garage torn down today after almost 2 years of wrangling the demo and construction permits out of Cook County's building department (don't even get me started.....:shifty:), and we need the weather to cooperate so we can get the concrete for the new garage poured before winter.

Ask a Question