j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope Bear continues to improve and comes home soon where I'm sure his appetite will improve bigly (a Trump word,lol) :)

Weather here is wet but not raining right now for my walk :happy:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Rainy and gloomy today. Could be worse. Looks like Hurricane Matthew is about to wreak havoc in Florida.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Hope Bear continues to improve and comes home soon where I'm sure his appetite will improve bigly (a Trump word,lol) :)

Weather here is wet but not raining right now for my walk :happy:

It sounds like he will be coming home as early as tomorrow (Friday)(y)

We also have snow predicted for tomorrow, so it's all good.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Rainy and gloomy today. Could be worse. Looks like Hurricane Matthew is about to wreak havoc in Florida.
Same here. It's still on the warm side, too. Storms rolling in within the next half hour or so... it got very dark southwest of here in the past few minutes.

My nieces in FL do not have school tomorrow due to the peripheral storms/wind from the hurricane. They are in the Tampa suburbs...some of the district schools will be open tomorrow and through the weekend to house evacuees from the east side of the state.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
This morning the vet was concerned that he was not eating, so when Bev went in to see him, she brought more goose, cheese and the kibble we have here. He gobbled all that down plus wanted more. Bev went to the local grocer and bought one of those cooked on site rotisserie chickens and he ate all of that. :woot: (deboned first of course)
I'm pretty sure he's coming home tomorrow.

Back to weather!:)

Snow coming here for sure apparently. Our normal temperatures are around 45f..ish this time of year.
Maybe the old farmers almanac is right again.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah! So glad he is coming home!

Nice here, on hold to see how bad the Florida hit is. They are calling this a record breaking storm, never seen before storm. Every thing east of I95 they were told to evacuate. We are just west of it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My aunt's ex and my cousin's ex both live in Florida, just north of Titusville. That looks to be about the worst possible place to be. They're close to the ocean, too. Neither evacuated.

My cousin also lives in Florida, but in Tampa, so he's not getting hit nearly as bad. My other cousin moved up here this Summer. If not, he'd be taking his two daughters and evacuating.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
This morning the vet was concerned that he was not eating, so when Bev went in to see him, she brought more goose, cheese and the kibble we have here. He gobbled all that down plus wanted more. Bev went to the local grocer and bought one of those cooked on site rotisserie chickens and he ate all of that. :woot: (deboned first of course)
I'm pretty sure he's coming home tomorrow.

Can you blame poor Bear? Hospital food really sucks! Ha ha

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
20161006_163733_HDR.jpg
well below freezing. Castor bean is already froze stiff in front yard tonight. Going to Get even colder come Monday. So much to do. Covered the guppies out front good with warm blankets and heavy plastic dome. They have big fish tank heater so they won't get too cold. Going to get them out next day off.

Outside in greenhouse. At least it's not freezing in here. Sitting in front of new heater right now...

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice here.

Matthew missed our places in Florida. We got rain, wind, more of a tropical storm level. We totally lucked out!

Just had to rescue a Molly, a very large St Bernard. She had slipped into our 1000 gallon stock tank, around 430am, we heard consistent barking in our back yard which we never hear. She had her upper body out of the tank, but did not have the strength to get her lower body out.
We are so glad we were home, ow she would have died, nobody would have heard her cries for help. Our one neighbor might have, but would they have paid attention.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My aunt's ex and my cousin's ex both live in Florida, just north of Titusville. That looks to be about the worst possible place to be. They're close to the ocean, too. Neither evacuated.

My cousin also lives in Florida, but in Tampa, so he's not getting hit nearly as bad. My other cousin moved up here this Summer. If not, he'd be taking his two daughters and evacuating.
Hope they make out ok, I sure would not have stayed. My life is more valuable.

Ask a Question