sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
When my parents bought our farm a guy he knows asked to ut a couple of hives on our property and the hives expanded to over 50 hives before my parents retired .The guy who bought the farm .Did away with the farm part and made the guy remove his hives .I was 9 when the bought the farm and 30 when they sold it .I miss the fresh veggies my dad could grow organically .I had a big veggiie garden at my house in Edison and canned almost all my life .I really appreciate what my mom and dad taught me .A lot of young people these days don't want to learn the old ways but the ones that do are greatly appreciated because it is not easy work .Not a 9 to 5 for sure and none of that I wish friday was here .Friday is just another day to them .

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Rain AND sunshine today! My latest employment takes me to a food packing plant. No, not a packaging giant as you may have in mind, but a small privately owned organic packer. Last Friday they processed a 55gal drum of raw organic honey. The drum goes in an oven for 3-4 days at 120* to get it workable into smaller containers. The smell of warm fresh honey was incredible, there was an easy 4oz. on the lid of the drum that was to be discarded! I fingered it up, and wondered how much a drum of raw organic honey goes for wholesale. The same method is used to process unrefined organic coconut oil, which also smells wonderful during process. Go organic, there IS a difference.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
uh oh peter is thinking about being a honey dealer .I wonder if it will be black market honey and you have to do a special dance to get it .Every time the guy came to do the hives on my dads property I would go down and pick out a piece of the hive to eat like an ice cream cone .Yummy stuff and chewy .like sweet gum

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Not a bad day, stayed dry but kinda cloudy. Now it is looking like rain is on the way. Got the lawn mowed just in time. High of 54.
Sorry kids rain for Halloween

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well I found my waterfall and my waterfall pond today .I haven't seen it all summer
100_9246.JPG
100_9217.JPG
100_9243.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
84 yesterday broke records again.

No clue how they can call it organic honey, unless every plant is organic in a 5 mile radius. That is how far the bees fly out for food. We can't control what they sip on.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Those are neat JW .I would love to grow those .Organic is just a key word these days .My dad was organic back before organic was a word .But people loved buying my dads stuff .We lived on a dead end street and people would come from all over to get fresh and that was back in the very early 60's .Now the word organic can mean anything .But when you pasteurize honey you loose the real taste of the honey .You get to much of a surgery taste when you pasteurize it .I prefer raw honey .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
53°F, maybe 70°F tomorrow.
Leaves have been falling for weeks but luckily the ones that usually fill my pond haven't dropped yet. I just got netting to put over the pond, so hopefully I can get that done before they do fall!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
86 today, on the road. At Home high of 39, Two days ago 84.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
been in 70's and 80's here and getting a lot done cleaned the whole outside of the house and conditioned vinyl shutters .Soon my list will be done and then new list will be added for spring

Ask a Question