JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Guess you got a trick and not a treat - LOL !

At least it wasn't as bad as the snow we had four years ago on Halloween. I think we had about 5" that year and it cancelled trick or treating in the area.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had probably the wettest spring and summer i can remember the last 7 weeks we have had rain every weekend
-

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
30 degrees colder than 2 days ago, 36 currently. No snow

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The snow from yesterday morning melted quickly yesterday, and then it snowed again last night.

IMG_2357 copy.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We've been in the low 20's for the last few days at night and lots of sun during the days rising to the 50's. Finally up in the low 30's now and rain is predicted for tonight. I'm hoping we get snow this winter but here one never knows.

JWssnow_.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Come now what are you talking about . Your in the most predictable areas there is . its like sun and dry heat is to Arizona. As rain and political foolishness is to yours . J

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Come now what are you talking about . Your in the most predictable areas there is . its like sun and dry heat is to Arizona. As rain and political foolishness is to yours . J
Hey we had one of the driest,warmest, unexpected Summers this year! I loved it! Now we are back to normal but everything is green and beautiful. We have been know to get big dumps of snow that don't last long but I love um!
I must agree w/you on our political garbage dump tho!

IMG_1552.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
fires are in Bedford county VA JW . So far people around here are being very careful . THANK YOU for thinking of me . I am in Southside VA near the NC border . The other house I own is in Pittsville VA not far from Bedford county but I talked to Mike and he said all he sees is some smoke at that house . They have 2 lakes near the house and a stream that runs through the property . I am 15 minutes from the North Carolina border . I don't even smell the smoke and it has been in the 70's here during the day . I worry more because the woods behind my house is a mess after all the trees have fallen over in wind and heavy rain and that epic ice storm a couple of years ago , That opening there used to be full of trees and now i can see into the woods after all the trees fell over It used to be all trees like the last pic

Attachments

• DSC05439 - Copy.JPG
    DSC05439 - Copy.JPG
    392.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC05439.JPG
    DSC05439.JPG
    392.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05441.JPG
    DSC05441.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 10

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
fires are in Bedford county VA JW . So far people around here are being very careful . THANK YOU for thinking of me . I am in Southside VA near the NC border . The other house I own is in Pittsville VA not far from Bedford county but I talked to Mike and he said all he sees is some smoke at that house . They have 2 lakes near the house and a stream that runs through the property . I am 15 minutes from the North Carolina border . I don't even smell the smoke and it has been in the 70's here during the day . I worry more because the woods behind my house is a mess after all the trees have fallen over in wind and heavy rain and that epic ice storm a couple of years ago , That opening there used to be full of trees and now i can see into the woods after all the trees fell over It used to be all trees like the last pic
Good to hear you are far enough away to not get the effects of the fire. Hope it stays that way and your other house stays safe too. Not much you can do w/trees that fall over. They have a mind of their own :cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A and 7B
Country
United States
Hope you will be alright and @sissy also as she lives in Axton, Virginia. Anyone else on this forum live in Virginia?

I am in Albemarle County ... in town ... I'll be fine.

The current problem areas are in the following counties: Bedford, Rockbridge (my home county), Amherst and Nelson.

I am worried about my sister who has property on House Mountain.

Thank you.

And a call-out to all Virginians !!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

The current problem areas are in the following counties: Bedford, Rockbridge (my home county), Amherst and Nelson.

Thank you.

Good to hear you are also safe. Hope your sister will make it through w/no harm!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States

Thank you.

Perhaps nudge your sister to come see you, "Because I'm worried." I hope it works out OK for both (all) of you.

Ask a Question