What is your weather like ... today

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
THE MINUS 40's!!!!!!!:mad::mad:
I don't even think that's a real number... Lol Well it shouldn't be. Like you shouldn't be talking to someone and say "oh yeah eh it's MINUS 40 today eh" (that was my best Canadian accent impression.):D
And as a funny side note do you realize that -40 is the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit. Although in English it translates to "Hell No". :geek:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Calling Colleen reporting live from the Land of Faries right now. Weather is fabulous and super nice at about 75 degrees I would say.
20151001_145035.jpg
20151001_121304.jpg
20151001_144753.jpg
This old log was remodeled just today while I sat and drank a pot of coffee and played all afternoon in my giant Green house I built to winter fairyland. (Hubby says greenhouse is really my playhouse) and I refuse to grow up so there!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Really nice here today, in the 60's.
Leaves are all yellow and ready to fall. One frost and they'll be down.
We're supposed to get snow this weekend, which will be nice. I haven't seen snow for about a month now...:rolleyes:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so sad I was watching you tube at the abandoned houses around the country and sad to see what they were and what they are now and ready to be just a memory of happier times .There is even a brand new mention in Canada that was never finished .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Have a look at the housing boom in North Dakota from the Bakken Shale project.
There are a lot of new but unfinished homes there that are now being abandoned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Been in the mid 60's this week, lows in the mid/upper 40s. I should clean out my filter this weekend before the water gets too cold. :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
new homes don't bother me but homes where people lived and loved bother me .I visited an abandoned house up by max kendal lumber (it was owned by them when land was bought ) and it was as if the person was still there ,there was a bible on the table with reading glasses sitting on top of it and a tea cup on the table with the tea kettle sitting on a hot pad on the table .Max kendal lumber told me the house had been like that for over 30 years since they bought it for the land .it was hard to get to but i managed .Just sad to see that looking at the house it was loved not cluttered but dusty and dirty and tree branch's coming through the window. .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@addy1 - my brain just sizzled imagining that.

Husband and I started the "should we turn the furnace on now" dance last night. I'm always a hold out - let's try to get to the MIDDLE of October at least! I like it cold in the house for sleeping. My old country grandparents kept the bedroom windows cracked open all winter long - they thought a too-hot bedroom made you weak and susceptible to getting sick. I'm not that cold crazy, but 60 degrees feels good to me under the down comforter.

Ask a Question