what pump

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum or area but i wonder if anybody might be able to help.

I have a well in the garden that i would like to make a garden feature out of and have some sort of small fountain that is supplied by the well and the water will feedback into the well, I would say the water would have to rise about 4m to get to the feature.

I am really confused as to what sort of pump i would need ? can anybody point me in the right direction.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Reaction score
You just have to check the pump's rating for what is called "head". That's the maximum height it will pump water. Keep in mind volume drops as head increases. The manufacturer will show the volume at different heads.

The other thing to check is is the length of the cord. You're not suppose to use extension cords for safety reasons.

They do make pumps specifically to go into wells. Pretty expensive.

It would be a really bad idea to let the water go back down the well especially if it's still used as a water source for human use.

Ask a Question