What sized pond pump do I need?

Reaction score
I have a 22.5 in. Whiskey Barrel and an"old fashioned" water pump(similar to the pic) that is recycling that water out of the barrel. I am in the need of a new pump to have the water run from the barrel up through the pump and out of the pump, back into the barrel. The hose out of barrel to the pump will be connected to the bottom of the "old fashioned" water pump and not into the main body of the pump.

What size pump do I need to purchase in order to have enough pressure to make sure that the water forces out of the end of the "old fashioned water pump?

I don't want purchase a pump that is too small or too big? Thanks!

Attachments

• water-pump.jpg
    water-pump.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 257

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you should be able to get 250 gph but that would depend on how much splashing you want .Water will evaporate fast .For less water and less splashing you could use a 175 gph .Not sure how long the shaft of the pump is but it looks longer than my little stout harbor freight one and I have a 150 gph on that one but it goes into a stock tank .

Ask a Question