Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So of the kittens remaining that were born here, the last female is white with black spots, and was very stand off ish. With the cold snap, and two little ones inside, I decided to bring her in to see if she’d mommy them. Turns out, after a little bit of struggle cuddling and lots of treats, she’s now a love bug. And a darn good mouser. She doesn’t mommy the little ones, but she does cuddle and play with them. I think I’ll keep her inside. The great horned owl outside has had me worried, but the anti social attitude she had made me think she would be better for someone else, but now she’s lovey, and friendly, she’s staying!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
1012191840.jpg
1012191840.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I don’t do oysters, much less raw ones! You can send me any pearls, and pretty shells, but keep the meats of the sea! Instead, I’m doing apples and pears! Just harvested our trees, the apples are big and ugly, but oh so tasty! Flavor like a gala or pink lady, but slightly softer texture. Apple cobbler for us tonight! I’ll try making pear cobbler for work, and see if I can get it firm enough to portion out for the bake sale.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Apple cobbler didn’t quite turn out sweet enough, cause I was thinking as sweet as the apples were, it called for too much sugar. Wrong. So I drizzled Carmel sauce on it, and it’s tasty.
A2EEBC7E-07A7-4ECB-AA4C-9F8A096C82CA.jpeg
29730569-7E2C-4179-8983-838439E6E029.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had enough for a huge cobbler, plus enough to attempt apple sauce. Only it smelled like the best ever apple cider as I was cooking it in the crock pot, so I added the rest of the apples I had, and spices to make it a big thing of spiced cider! I’m going to cook it down until it is all mush, then strain it, and I’ll see if the pulp is suitable as spiced apple sauce! If no one else eats it, I’ll cook it into a spice cake or something.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Groomed the lilies, in the big pond and the 1000 gallon pond. Time to bite the bullet as they say...................

They still had a lot of buds on them, still blooming. But one of these days the temperature will be darn cold, better to groom while it is somewhat warm, air temp wise. The pond water is around 55f

They grew too good......................a few jumped their pots, most still had smal buds coming up. Nice large tubers. Guess they like the osmocote I feed them in the fall.
IMG_4795.JPG
IMG_4794.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Also snatched a few pictures of the fish before I mucked up the water messing with the lilies. They love the hornwort in the deep end of the pond, always hanging out there.
IMG_4803.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG
IMG_4806.JPG
IMG_4807.JPG
IMG_4810.JPG
IMG_4811.JPG
IMG_4812.JPG
IMG_4815.JPG
IMG_4818.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
It's hard to cut back lilies, especially the they're still blooming ....but you'll be glad you did once the temps drop ! Your fish a beautiful and the hornwort looks like a lush underwater forest :)

Ask a Question