Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
pics pics :D
I have this view while working on them! Love it!
20220107_074312(1).jpg

A bit of reflection, the doggy pen is around the tables to keep the crazy yorkies from tasting the epoxy drippings.
Paper around everything, cardboard on the floor to catch drippings.

Easy to do once you do a test item. Have a good heat gun or a propane torch, chop brush, drip protection. With lighter markings ie the black, you can make it look like carrara marble. We choose the darker markings just because. lol well we like the look.

20220108_085134.jpg
20220108_081252.jpg
20220108_081317.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
View attachment 146183
A bit of reflection, the doggy pen is around the tables to keep the crazy yorkies from tasting the epoxy drippings.

Easy to do once you do a test item. Have a good heat gun or a propane torch, chop brush, drip protection. With lighter markings ie the black, you can make it look like carrara marble. We choose the darker markings just because. lol well we like the look.

View attachment 146180View attachment 146178View attachment 146182
really really nice work!
Can you link the product? i'm curious

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Thanks

Here it is, all sorts of colors patterns etc , just limited by your imagination.

thanks a lot, now need find out tutorial :D

addy1

Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have a lot of you tubes and tutorials under each category on their website, written and videos. Very nicely set up web site.

addy1

Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This write up is for the black and white I choose. Step by step what to do and videos to watch

Ad

Advertisements

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
View attachment 146183

View attachment 146180View attachment 146178View attachment 146182
Beautiful work!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've been slaving like a prisoner on a chain gang for the last week and I'm not done yet. Our road on one side of our private drive has thick grass growing in several inches of dirt over the black top. The road is way long, maybe over a 1000' or so. In some places the grass and the dirt are growing a foot or so onto the top of the road. So I decided to take it on myself using just a spade and my hands as nobody else was gonna do it and besides that I ate too many sweets over the holidays and need to lose a few lbs. I go out each day for a couple hours and work till I'm almost dead. I crawl into the house after that and lay there dormant till the next day and start all over again................after my 6 mile walk of course everyday. Have to get that in first or it would not get done. You can see the line out in the road where the grass and moss grew and you don't need to tell me I'm crazy as I'm quite familiar w/that term. Oh and you know all that talk about me not being able to dig a bog.....................all lies :D

IMG_9835.JPG

IMG_9836.JPG

IMG_9837.JPG

Ad

Advertisements

brokensword

...and not every pond in Michigan has a loon!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
LOL no other way to do it for little old me....................fast and I would be found laying dead out there in no time
View attachment 146352
ah, you want to know a quicker/easier way? I'm assuming you get SOME snow and that SOME City agency plows, if not, this idea won't fly. But if they do, whatcha do is move the road markers a foot inside. When that blade comes a plowin', it'll cut and throw all that overgrowth back to the side(s). I run into this often; if the homeowner doesn't 'mark' their driveway, the winter plow peeps miss and take 6" off either side. That's why they mostly mark the way now. Not all municipalities do this but YOU could take it on yourself to get some orange sticks and put them a food inside the road line; I bet any City driver would just use your guidelines and not even think about it. :cool::p

Then again, wouldn't want you to lose your reason for eating chocolate, I guess...:p

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
ah, you want to know a quicker/easier way? I'm assuming you get SOME snow and that SOME City agency plows, if not, this idea won't fly. But if they do, whatcha do is move the road markers a foot inside. When that blade comes a plowin', it'll cut and throw all that overgrowth back to the side(s). I run into this often; if the homeowner doesn't 'mark' their driveway, the winter plow peeps miss and take 6" off either side. That's why they mostly mark the way now. Not all municipalities do this but YOU could take it on yourself to get some orange sticks and put them a food inside the road line; I bet any City driver would just use your guidelines and not even think about it. :cool::p

Then again, wouldn't want you to lose your reason for eating chocolate, I guess...:p
Private road, no snow plow and yes I needed this job to be able to keep eating my junk food :p

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You've done a magnificent job. Don't suppose there's a gas powered edger for rent anywhere near you? My back is aching in sympathy.
Thanks. It's ok I needed the exercise and I only have a few feet left after today. I do come in really sore tho. Not so much tonight tho, guess I,m getting used to it. Maybe I'll put myself up for hire...................NOT o_O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
dang @j.w splitom wood digging up road edges a 6 mile walk your in better shape the most 25 year olds

Ad

Advertisements

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
dang @j.w splitom wood digging up road edges a 6 mile walk your in better shape the most 25 year olds
A lot of 25 year olds don't do much of anything anymore except stare at different boxes so not hard to compete w/that at all.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question