Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just scrolling through fb, saw a post about storage in the kitchen, got some good ideas of things I want! I know I want to consolidate all the dishes to one area, with the exception of common use cooking tools. As it is, flatware, cups, baking pans, Tupperware are on one side, plates, bowls, mixing bowls, baking dishes are on the other. I want one cabinet, floor to ceiling, for all dishes. The layout of the kitchen now just isn’t efficient use of space. I’m contemplating how the layout could be better with out moving things like plumbing and gas lines, and without impending traffic flow from livingroom to back part of the house

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The more you think it out the better, we have done a few opps and had to tweak.

This is what we started with the wall came down 48 hours after move in. About 5 years later we fixed my kitchen
Picture 020(1).jpg

Our kitchen I wanted a lot of cabinets, so we added the row under the windows. The red arrow point to the opening that was right near the front door. Total waste of space, a hallway to get to the hallway for the front door, which we never use. We put in two angle pantries, added the wood and put the refridg there. Closed off the widow above the sink, it looked at the garage wall, put a shallow cabinet up there. Tiled all the walls.
20210126_061143.jpg

The stove bar has lower cabinets in the front , upper cabinets on the living room side. Which equals another 3 cabinets, shallow but they store my cameras etc. Corner cabinets upper and lower lazy susan, a 9 inch cabinet to use up the room next to the window, on the bar side we have one of those cabinets that extends back. Think called a blind cabinet, lots of room for pots, No room for a lazy susan, upper corner cabinet . Our house is only 1250 sq feet. Without counting the added on sun room.
InkedInkedDSC07745_LI.jpg

My house in AZ had a huge kitchen, 12 foot window in the kitchen. That I missed. It was a big house. Hubby came from a big house we moved into a small house. Had to rent it out for 7 years after the market crash in 08, refused to sell it at that big of a loss. Still sold at a loss but not as huge. It had a walk in pantry and a cabinet pantry, and cabinets cabinets cabinets lol They were cherry.
IMG_2760.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
In 2013 I sold my comic collection for 6 figures, and made every single thing new in the house. Sheetrock, flooring, fixtures, cabinets, bathrooms, appliances, furniture, and everything else. We got lucky and found a good contractor that took care of it all.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great move!

After dumping all except one rental we have extra funds that are paying for someone else to bring our house up to speed, rather than us doing it. So nice not to do the work!
We got lucky and found a good contractor that took care of it all.
We are pleased with this contractor, still don't know the final cost, but don't care. Will yank savings to pay for it. It will be done! and we can just enjoy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Another cold wave today. Sable’s litter is all outside now, even Fawn, she refused to come in last night., so we are down to the two smallest pups inside now! And I can shampoo out the puppy accidents out of the carpet. But apparently we have electric Grimlins in the vehicles, dads work truck wouldn’t start, so I’m using my little car to try and jump it. Lol, an older Toyota Camry jumping a big ford duely, I hope it works! So once dads on his way shortly ( hopefully, I’ll kick out all the critters except one cat, the bird, and fish, and get to work. Then I get to go fix fence again, the same two bigger pups removed one of the blocks and got out. I’m going to nail some boards there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My little special kitty, Ziggy, is getting to be a big boy. He’s desperate to go out like the other cats. Two days ago, we allowed this, and at dark, had to go find him. After an hour of hunting him in the cold, calling his name, dad found him in a hollow of a tree, and used a ladder to get him out. So yesterday he darted out again. I went out looking and calling at dark, no sign of him. At 2 am, hubby thought he heard him outside, so again I went out, froze my fingers, no sign of him. Today I go out to do morning feed of critters, he’s not around. I call, shake some food, and just when I’m ready to give up, I heard him. He was in the big oak behind the house. Way up there. So I stand at the base and call him. He apparently has issues climbing down, when up is too easy, but he eventually made it to where the branches start spreading. About 10-15 ft there. I call, and coax, and try to get him to climb down, but it’s a no go. Ok, off I went for the ladder. Bring it back, get it set up, and the stinker climbed down the other side of the tree, falling the last few feet. Sigh, he spent his first night outside, in the cold, probably up a tree. He’s a big boy now, so I have to respect that. This is the little kitten I had to splint his legs because they were bowed at first. He’s become very independent, and only wants to snuggle huMom on his terms now, such as now, when I’m nice and warm and he’s in for a bit from the cold. I’m sure he will be back out once he’s ready. My little boy is all grown up

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our furry kids, never know what they are going to do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Arg. So dad is out on a run for a couple of days, I decided to clean his chair. It hasn’t been truly cleaned beyond a quick vacuum in who knows how long. The carpet shampooer has an upholstery attachment, I decided to give it a try. Sprayed down the chair with some fabric cleaner, scrubbed away at the bad spots, and gave it a try. Utter failure. It started out ok, kinda weak suction, but then stopped spraying. And the suction died off to almost nothing. I tried checking the hose, checking the settings, tried again, same results. Gave up and just hefted the entire thing up on the seat to pull up the water. So I’ll be emptying the water canister and apply water manually, scrub it, then heft the shampooer around to pull excess water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
On pause, sis called, her dog is hurt, she’s bringing him over for me to look at. I’ve just cleaned the meds cabinet out waiting on her. Apparently the tissue around his eye is swollen, and he’s sensitive to light, so I’m going to see if he has an infection, a thorn in the tissue, or something cut the eye. If there is anything in the eye, that I can’t get out, or beyond my ability to treat, he will have to go to the vet

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
His eyelid is swollen, minor infection set in, looks like it got scraped, a few scrapes on that area of his face. Cleaned the gunk, removed the eye snots, applied an antibiotic eye ointment, and chatted with her a few while he fell in love with my kitties. In about 10-15 min, his eye was starting to look better. The swelling had caused his eyelids to kinda turn in, causing the eyelashes to abraid his eye. With twice a day ointment application, it should heal well unless there is further damage I couldn’t see due to swelling.
So now I’m doing a load of laundry, washing the cover for a pillow I have, it had gone flat, so I decided to add more stuffing. Took open the seam, washing the cover while it will be easy to dry. Debating on doing some stitches in the fluff to help it not shift around.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Saw this on my FB post. Local 4th grade is trying to get postcards from all 50 states, figure I’ll share and if anyone here is interested, just send them a post card or letter.
ECFE8D08-CC8F-4E03-954B-4D65D3C8B472.png
998F39F5-28F9-48D9-80D2-EB63F0413F0B.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I actually spend a lot of time playing on my phone listening to audio books. Treating a minor injury like that took about half an hour, including giving treats and talking things over w my sis. She did end up taking him to the vet this morning, apparently his swelling was worse by a large margin. They think he got in a fight with a skunk, and he now has an infection in one of the sinuses behind the eye. But apparently I did good preliminary clean up, initial treatment.

Ask a Question