addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We gave anything usable away the dumpster was chewed up papers mouse nests old food moldy boxes etc etc

I am purging here, everything is given away that may be useable for someone trash is trashed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry if you took that as something negative toward you it was hard remembering when i lost my dad 30 years ago now and how he was gone but all the things were there motionless it was hard to deal with . He had died suddenly. Time heals all wounds right.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Eventually we will get to purge things. ( I need to purge my closet, I’ve got some nice dresses I’ll never wear again! ) after step mom passed, dad gave it a few months, then started purging her stuff, mostly things her family could use, but it’s been two years, and he still has things like her purse in his room, boxes of nick nacks, I don’t even know what 75% of the boxes upstairs are... I dread his passing cause it’ll be a full purge of things we won’t use.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry if you took that as something negative toward you it was hard remembering when i lost my dad 30 years ago now and how he was gone but all the things were there motionless it was hard to deal with . He had died suddenly. Time heals all wounds right.
Nah not at all, my skin is not that thin, it was just a response. I have a lot of stuff I really like, I just don't want it to end in the trash, just pass it on even if free. Tons of tools, I love my tools.................... We are trying to get down to a few hammers rather than 15 lmao.

My mom was unhealthy for quite a while, actually died in a nursing home. My dad lived another 9ish years, he passed at 89.5. One of my sisters was the executor, he wanted me to be it, but at the time I lived in AZ had a full time job, would not be able to handle his house here. He lived in that house for over 55 years. It turned out I moved back here one year before he passed. We moved him in to our house two weeks after we got married (he was really struggling being alone in his house) passed on 9 months later. He was so afraid of nursing homes our house became his nursing home. 24/7 care. I had his medical power of attorney, which was good as they tried to remove him from my care.

Long story shorter, the one sis, executor, moved into the house for over two years, my dad's stuff (nothing real valuable) poofed away. 7 kids still around in the family. long story even shorter, the majority of the fam turned against me accused me of stealing dads money (paid his bills for years via bill pay from AZ) well now that I was in MD I was "stealing" his money not paying the bills for him. Even a lot worse things said, still don't speak to a lot of them it was horrible. Beyond horrible. In our family of 8 , 7 left I am the only one comfortable financially. The death of someone in a family either draws you closer or explodes a family, ours exploded.

Lets put it this way, my neighbor is my executor, we have hubbies 3 boys in part of our will, I have some friends in part of our will. Siblings not mentioned.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are trying to get down to a few hammers rather than 15 lmao
Tell me about it 4 table saws 9 sircular saws. 5 sawsalls 8 orbital sanders. . Now many may ask huh why. Tools make money and get the job done. I've never been a great pawn shop I lend tools out when someone needs one but it's never the good stuff. Generous not dumb. .

Your not alone with the siblings addy unfortunately . In my divorce if I told them anything it imediately got back to my x and I wound up in court, because she wanted more money. This happened over and over. As I chewed them out it fell on deaf ears and a think I talked to my mother twice in 15 years after that point in time. Kids are all grown now and I have reached out as they are my family regardless right. Well I often wonder after getting off the phone WHY!!! I'm sure they think oh he's getting in line. I moved out the morning of my 18th birthday and never looked back. Did it all on my own. Didn't need anything then certainly don't need anything now.
Unfortunately you can't pick your family.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing yep can't pick them. It is sad. But part of life. We are happy that is all that matters.

Hubby got divorced before me, his adult kids didn't talk to him for 10 years, mom had the big paying job and he left her the big house (12000 sq ft) he left with two chairs and a car. Just now starting to come back into our lives. Two had their hands out, one just wanted to reconnect with his dad. They left with their hands empty, one wanted 30k one wanted 10k. The same with my one brother reconnect with hand out (wanted 25k) we said no, have never heard from him again. His sons are still around.

Our tools made us money, not the way you do it, but in doing almost all our own work on the rentals. Done now, that is why I told hubby we are hiring to fix our house, poor thing neglected as we worked on rentals. And some of the work there is no way we could do it, ie the big windows. I am wanting to hang up the big tools!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh and this was predicted to be a warm winter, so far I think they failed on that prediction. We are heading down to day temps of 20-25
I need to get the tractor out and push some of the snow off the drive.
20210202_100542.jpg
20210202_100637.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m working to get back on my feet. Drove 50 miles to put my app in for a place that is the kind of work I want and pays well. Hopefully I can get the job.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I’m working to get back on my feet. Drove 50 miles to put my app in for a place that is the kind of work I want and pays well. Hopefully I can get the job.
fingers and toes crossed!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cleaned the driveway, all 200 or so feet, used the tractor just push the snow, get a bucket full, dump to the side. Now calling for two more storms to hit, maybe....................... geez they really did say a warmer than normal winter. I am loving it, this will kill some of the bugs. We are getting cold hits.

First time in about 3 years the pond breathers are plugged in and running.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My air pump though pushing a ton of air has iced over but again is pushing a ton of air it has to be getting out some how. Thus so is the co2

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I seem to have developed occd, obsessive compulsive cleaning disorder, while I wait to hear back about an interview, and waiting on the next step to work on the pond liner. Cleaned dads room last night instead of going to bed early like I planned. Today I did a quick fix on the fence where pups were getting out, a quick clean on the porch windows, then hubby complained that will cause glare in the morning on his tv, so I painted the top window in a quick fun valentines design. Acrylic comes off easy, nbd, but I must say, gold looks kinda greenish, not so nice! It’s nice out today, I moved some branches out of the way near the driveway, just so I could get to one area where I’m dumping used kitty litter to fill a big hole where the bee tree came down. I had my headphones on, music going, good motivation, then dad came home, and now I’m worn out. bad lighting on the photos, had a glare outside, and it’s dark inside!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wow, the reflection on the bottom outside window looks like the wood is draped over the couch! That’s outside until we find a use for it, it came off the wall, where we had to open it to see just where beams need to go. And ignore the spider web dust combo, that’s just part of country living out here until I get a pressure washer! ( last attempt at cleaning that off resulted in dad needing a new phone...)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I stress clean, if get po'd about something or someone I clean like crazy, gets rid of the thoughts and feelings doing something mindless.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My air pump though pushing a ton of air has iced over but again is pushing a ton of air it has to be getting out some how. Thus so is the co2
Giant bubble forming under your ice and in the middle of the night you will hear a sonic boom and see fish flying

Ask a Question